4K TV within 40K ? Anything Available ?

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Hey man. Sorry. I was in another thread thinking it was your thread.

Vu seem to have only GloLED models online. Check in your city where you can get demo of this.

Hisense A7 model seem to bigger speakers than A6. Their models are named as
Last year model- AxH
Latest model- AxK
*x can be replaced with any digit like A7K or A6K

Also try to get some good deals on LG URxxx and Samsung CUxxx in this coming Diwali sale. Go to authorized dealers where they will quote you slightly lesser than 3rd party TV showrooms.

OP
V

vishk

Journeyman
Vu seem to have only GloLED models online.

is that a good thing or a bad thing? Is it not as bright as some of the Mini-LED-display panels that High Sense Uses ?

Hisense A7 model seem to bigger speakers than A6. Their models are named as
Last year model- AxH
Latest model- AxK
*x can be replaced with any digit like A7K or A6K

So if it is a something like A7K and A6K the A7K would be the latest model right ?

Also Hi-Sense has some of the disastrous reviews on Amazon where people complaining that TV failed in just 2 or 3 months of buying it. Pretty scaring actually if that is indeed the case.

OP
V

vishk

Journeyman
Guys how is Oneplus U series TV ? is it worth considering ! I just had a demo of it looks ok I have not seen the demo of Hi-Sense and VU so can't really compare all the three.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
is that a good thing or a bad thing? Is it not as bright as some of the Mini-LED-display panels that High Sense Uses ?

So if it is a something like A7K and A6K the A7K would be the latest model right ?

Also Hi-Sense has some of the disastrous reviews on Amazon where people complaining that TV failed in just 2 or 3 months of buying it. Pretty scaring actually if that is indeed the case.
GloLED is only marketting term, it is not a technical term like MiniLED or OLED. After checking online I see that it is using DLED, which is good. About brightness, it is needed to fight the reflections of ambient lights, you have lots of windows or lights in your room? for a 10ft viewing distance just check if you will need higher brightness, say, than Vu's offering.

No. K is the latest model. H was the last released model.

Hisense doesn't have good reviews online, but same goes for any brand even with their high end models. Just for peace of mind, you can go with Vu if you have the service center in your city.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Guys how is Oneplus U series TV ? is it worth considering ! I just had a demo of it looks ok I have not seen the demo of Hi-Sense and VU so can't really compare all the three.
Just check if you have the service center in your city. One plus is new compare to Vu and Hisense so their service will subpar.

OP
V

vishk

Journeyman
GloLED is only marketting term, it is not a technical term like MiniLED or OLED. After checking online I see that it is using DLED, which is good. About brightness, it is needed to fight the reflections of ambient lights, you have lots of windows or lights in your room? for a 10ft viewing distance just check if you will need higher brightness, say, than Vu's offering.

No. K is the latest model. H was the last released model.

Hisense doesn't have good reviews online, but same goes for any brand even with their high end models. Just for peace of mind, you can go with Vu if you have the service center in your city.

So between Hi-Sense and VU you would suggest VU ? Which offers good brightness between the two ? Both are only 400 NITS ?

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I am not able to find if Hisense if ELED or DLED. generally speaking, DLED get brighter, Vu has DLED panel, it is mentioned on Flipkart.

In Mumbai you should have most brand's service center. Then you just need to get demo of Vu and then decide. Compare it with Samsung and LG models in similar budget category.

Avoid, generally considered to have lower brightness vs Vu & Hisense. Usually expensive as well.

Just wait for sale to begin on 7th. There are just a handful of models from Vu & Hisense, check out everything. From Xiaomi, its Redmi X55.

As mentioned, can consider Samsung or LG as well.

OP
V

vishk

Journeyman
Avoid, generally considered to have lower brightness vs Vu & Hisense. Usually expensive as well.

Just wait for sale to begin on 7th. There are just a handful of models from Vu & Hisense, check out everything. From Xiaomi, its Redmi X55.

As mentioned, can consider Samsung or LG as well.

But isn't LG and Samsung already starting at a very high price ? Which models in LG and Samsung are you suggesting ?

But isn't LG and Samsung already starting at a very high price ? Which models in LG and Samsung are you suggesting ?
LG 55" 4K is already starting 41k with card offers extra:
www.amazon.in/LG-inches-Ultra-55UQ7500PSF-Ceramic/dp/B0B3XXSB1K

It might sound rude, but just wait till 7 Oct to see all the deals, then opt for the best value for money choice at 40K. Not much point in discussion. I will not recommend anything other than Vu, Hisense or Xiaomi 4K TVs from budget brands, be it Oneplus or Realme or Onida or TCL or whatever else.

Unless, you want Hisense U7K 55" for its HDR capabilities & 120Hz, then prebook now & buy it when it releases.

OP
V

vishk

Journeyman
LG 55" 4K is already starting 41k with card offers extra:
www.amazon.in/LG-inches-Ultra-55UQ7500PSF-Ceramic/dp/B0B3XXSB1K

It might sound rude, but just wait till 7 Oct to see all the deals, then opt for the best value for money choice at 40K. Not much point in discussion. I will not recommend anything other than Vu, Hisense or Xiaomi 4K TVs from budget brands, be it Oneplus or Realme or Onida or TCL or whatever else.

Unless, you want Hisense U7K 55" for its HDR capabilities & 120Hz, then prebook now & buy it when it releases.

That is a great suggestion that model LG is my favourite but I was just not looking at it because it was out of my budget, but tell me one thing this TV has 60 Hz versus some of the Hi-Sense and VU which has 120 Hz panel. Does it make any difference in the refresh rate in a TV? I can understand it in a gaming monitor or a normal monitor but does refresh rate play a role in TV. If yes, how much of that is a dealbreaker of not having 120 Hz refresh rate?

That is a great suggestion that model LG is my favourite but I was just not looking at it because it was out of my budget, but tell me one thing this TV has 60 Hz versus some of the Hi-Sense and VU which has 120 Hz panel. Does it make any difference in the refresh rate in a TV? I can understand it in a gaming monitor or a normal monitor but does refresh rate play a role in TV. If yes, how much of that is a dealbreaker of not having 120 Hz refresh rate?
If you plan to game, 120Hz is good. Else, not useful as you barely get 60fps videos, most are 24fps or 30fps.

OP
V

vishk

Journeyman
If you plan to game, 120Hz is good. Else, not useful as you barely get 60fps videos, most are 24fps or 30fps.

But what about in general surfing on the atV like channel surfing or selection with a remote even then having a higher refresh helps ? Isn't it ?

But what about in general surfing on the atV like channel surfing or selection with a remote even then having a higher refresh helps ? Isn't it ?
For your budget, no - its not a priority. For non-gamers, LG A2 48" at 60k will be better than anything else at that price. Even for 60fps gaming you can make a case for LG A2 as consoles run very few games at 120fps & you need a powerful PC for 4K 120fps (at which point your budget will be higher).

U7K's FALD zones are great for HDR content, but if fine with 48" size, A2 is better in that regard for a bit more money. I'm expecting LG A2 48" at 60k, not final price.

If you want to stick to 40k, just get a Vu, Hisense or Redmi's basic 4K 55" for close to 30k. LG & Samsung's entry level TV should cost 40k for 55".

Check deals on 7th.

OP
V

vishk

Journeyman
For your budget, no - its not a priority. For non-gamers, LG A2 48" at 60k will be better than anything else at that price. Even for 60fps gaming you can make a case for LG A2 as consoles run very few games at 120fps & you need a powerful PC for 4K 120fps (at which point your budget will be higher).

U7K's FALD zones are great for HDR content, but if fine with 48" size, A2 is better in that regard for a bit more money. I'm expecting LG A2 48" at 60k, not final price.

If you want to stick to 40k, just get a Vu, Hisense or Redmi's basic 4K 55" for close to 30k. LG & Samsung's entry level TV should cost 40k for 55".

Check deals on 7th.

I have started Liking Hi-Sense U7K ? Man ! It has almost everything !! 240 Hz Rferesh Rate !! That is like Holy Smokes !! :-o:-o:-o That is outstanding. :-o:-o:-o Plus Google Chrome Cast, Airplay, Mini-LED and what not ? It is giving a complete package !! Are the reviews ok for this Model of Hi-Sense U7K ?

I have started Liking Hi-Sense U7K ? Man ! It has almost everything !! 240 Hz Rferesh Rate !! That is like Holy Smokes !! :-o:-o:-o That is outstanding. :-o:-o:-o Plus Google Chrome Cast, Airplay, Mini-LED and what not ? It is giving a complete package !! Are the reviews ok for this Model of Hi-Sense U7K ?
It is 120Hz for consoles & 144Hz on PC. 240Hz is a lie, Hisense started lying recently. They are marketing new 60Hz TVs as 120Hz.

Hisense will not have as good of a software processing as big 3, so they rely on better hardware for the money. As I said earlier, if LG A2 48" drops to 60k, that's better as it is OLED. Hisense U7K has 240 FALD zones, LG OLEDs have 3840*2160 zones.

Check rtings.com for its review, but they reviewed the 65" variant.

OP
V

vishk

Journeyman
It is 120Hz for consoles & 144Hz on PC. 240Hz is a lie, Hisense started lying recently. They are marketing new 60Hz TVs as 120Hz.

Hisense will not have as good of a software processing as big 3, so they rely on better hardware for the money. As I said earlier, if LG A2 48" drops to 60k, that's better as it is OLED. Hisense U7K has 240 FALD zones, LG OLEDs have 3840*2160 zones.

Check rtings.com for its review, but they reviewed the 65" variant.

Also I saw a video review of Hi-Sense U7K TV vs TCL C845 Hi-Sense looks bad against TCL. TCL has the best brightness against Hi-Sense. TCL HDR 10 made Hi-Sense looks miserably bad.

Also I saw a video review of Hi-Sense U7K TV vs TCL C845 Hi-Sense looks bad against TCL. TCL has the best brightness against Hi-Sense. TCL HDR 10 made Hi-Sense looks miserably bad.
I don't trust reviewers much unless they back their claims with data like rtings.com (I don't know any Indian Youtuber who has anything more than a brightness measuring tool).

Anyways, TCL usually doesn't bring their good TVs to India. Hence I didn't list them. I will put TCL in brands to avoid in India.

OP
V

vishk

Journeyman
I don't trust reviewers much unless they back their claims with data like rtings.com (I don't know any Indian Youtuber who has anything more than a brightness measuring tool).

Anyways, TCL usually doesn't bring their good TVs to India. Hence I didn't list them. I will put TCL in brands to avoid in India.

Did you see ? Have you watched any of the comparison video between Hi-Sense and TCL. Man !! TCL makes Hi-Sense look like a big mistake lol !!

Top Bottom