4G launch Tomorrow

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
NEW DELHI: Communications minister Kapil Sibal is expected to launch Bharti Airtel's broadband wireless access (BWA) services based on 4G technology in Kolkata on Tuesday.

"We are expecting communications minister Kapil Sibal tomorrow," a senior company executive said.

A successor to the 3G and 2G families, 4G is expected to be five times quicker than 3G services. It would offer services such as high-definition mobile TV and video conferencing.

Sibal to launch India's first 4G service tomorrow - The Times of India

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
Re: 4G launch Tom

A country where even 3G has not established properly, good luck with that 4G.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

A country where even 3G has not established properly, good luck with that 4G.

When prices will be low enough people will definitely get 3g. Most of the people have 3g handsets. So compatibility won't be an issue for now.

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon

Yea nokia has 3.5g :D So it will be better.So basically,it will take another 3-4 months for 4g to some across the whole country.Or i fell they will set up 4g only in METROS.But let them reduce 3g prices throughout the country say.
100 Bucks for 5 gb(2g),2gb(3g) so on

Sujeet

Undead!!!

3.5G is similar to what EDGE/2.5G is to GPRS/2G(an upgrade basically).
Most of current generation devices are 3.75G capable(HSDPA~7mbps).
For Proper 4G Experience we need LTE devices like HTC One-X.

LOL.Airtel is talking about 4G and there current 3G Tariff Plan rates are skyrocketing and no good for mass adoption.
Moreover there speeds sucks in context of what they promised to provide.
I am using airtel 3G for over a week now and barely it crosses 300kbps ,though once in a while it shots upto as much as 1mbps-4mps for few minutes but that useless.

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

Guys, Airtel already launched plans for 4g :D
see this!

Bharti Airtel launches 4G in Kolkata; data plans start at Rs. 999 for 6GB - Internet | ThinkDigit News

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon

What is the use of such plans? Rs.999 for 6GB! are you kidding me airtel?

Bro.even 3g was similar.Tata was giving 5 gb for 950 rs

I really hate airtel 3G.Almost my whole city has 3G.Only my area and some 3-4 areas dont get 3g.
Offtopic:
I had gone a mall..some floors get 3g and some dont :p

funskar

Padawan

4g will b same fail as 3g in india..
costly data packs..
airtel launchd 4g in kol.. 999 for 6gb..
Costlier than 3g. airtel 3g give 10gb in 1100.
Don't know when we will have atleast 2mbps true ul plan or good fup plan uner 1k in india..
Sibal eyes for 2mbps bb not before 2015..:-x

zegulas

Traceur

That is why I am still using 2G! :p
3G or 4G, they both are not ready yet for mass consumption.. given the tariff and expensive handsets.. :(

funskar

Padawan

That is why I am still using 2G! :p
3G or 4G, they both are not ready yet for mass consumption.. given the tariff and expensive handsets.. :(

Handsets are onetime investment or we can buy good usb modems for 3g-4g under 5k bt the tariff plans should b justfied ..

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon

Let others(i.e tata,RIL,BSNL)Enter 4g market.Might be by dec 2012.Then im sure 3g will reduce.

Prime_Coder

I'm a Wannabe Hacker

When the price-rates for using 3G services are so high, how will someone go for 4G usage?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member

Well first time I watched that some services is launched to Kolkata at first position :)

Anyway, here are the plans..!!

plan name rentals (per month-INR) free quota (GB) speed post FUP (kbps)
breakfree 999 6 128
breakfree max 1399 9 128
breakfree ultra 1999 18 128

available in both prepaid and postpaid

tariffs for airtel 4G LTE

Besides these, I called them up today afternoon, here are the prices of devices...
Dongle : 7999/-
CPE : 7750/-

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

tariffs for airtel 4G LTE

Besides these, I called them up today afternoon, here are the prices of devices...
Dongle : 7999/-
CPE : 7750/-

OMG!
This has really put me off. Was thinking of getting a 4g dongle to replace my ailing BSNL so called "Broadband"
But Rs.8000 is way too much :cry: cannot buy. Too too pricey.
None of phones I have support 4g.

@everyone Guys, this wont be fail. The plans are ok(initially everything will be highly priced, remember the PS3 which costed Rs.25000 initially?)

But the thing which will make it fail are dongle prices. I dont see any commoner shelling out so much money for it.

Aryansh

Right off the assembly line

don't worry about the dongle prices
be patient, they will reduce once all the operators launch their services, which i think is about 4-6 month..
initially 3g dongle prices were also high..

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon

*FAINTS Again
Let RIM,BSNL Start 4G.Airtels success over the past years have effected there f****** brains.
Thats Why these Days airtel is loosing its Charm.No proper 3G network.Sh!tty Broadband plans
I dont get it HYD has better airtel plans (at around 700 if u cross Ur Limit u get 512 Kbps) compared to the rest of indias 256

Is it mee only?
Or did airtel remove 3G tariffs from Kolkata cant find it in the website

Airtel Just thinks that People in india are extreme rich and will Buy 4G.
Anyone will Finsh 6 gb in a day(In these speed :p ;) ) and be stuck with 126 KBPS
I.E 15-20 KB/S

Top Bottom