46" 3D TV [150K] - Gaming

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
Hi people.
I have already started a thread 6 months back about buying an 3D HDTV and concluded wise and due to unavoidable circumstances i dropped the plan.
This time everything is in good sound and i am going to get the TV nomatter what ;P .

Purpose:

Primary TV in hall + Primary Gaming station + Media playback

Apart from using it as TV,my main idea is to use it as my monitor for gaming(PC).
So my Primary Rig is connected to This TV only.
Planning to use laptop for doing some browsing and microsoft works.

Budget:

Anything around 150K

Under 115K preferred.

What is needed:

46 ",Full HD,Low input lag.
No need of smart apps,blah.

Preferred 3D type:

Passive
I Have not gamed at 3d and have no experience.But planning to buy NVidia 3D plus software.

Other preference:
No specific brand preference.

Once I research for a Tv with low input lag preferable for gaming , It usually ends up with SONY.
I think no other competitor serves TV with low input lags.

I have a thought of getting the KDL-47W850A

What do you people say ? Can i get a better television than this in my categorie ? Does any other company , any other model provide a better one for my necessities ?
Also i am so much WORRIED that SONY will be releasing their 2014 edition Tv this spring.
Should i go for this one or wait very patiently for the successor.Is it that worth waiting ? Will the successor implementing so many performance bonus that will make me drool ?

Please help me choose !
Thank You.

(Also i am planning to make the package complete by buying a Home theater system [50K] and upgrading my PC)

Please help me Bundle a Home theater with this TV!

Last edited:

Gollum

Collector
any TV that has jitter correction is bad for gaming as there will be av sync issues - if you can disable enhancements to make the displayed image show up faster then it will be good.
3D tv's are almost always slow.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
any TV that has jitter correction is bad for gaming as there will be av sync issues - if you can disable enhancements to make the displayed image show up faster then it will be good.

+1...

If you are on the Xbox or PlayStation, the lag will be allowable. But if you plan to game on PC with keyboard and mouse, with multiplayer games, then a good monitor is better.

OP
TheMost

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
+1...

If you are on the Xbox or PlayStation, the lag will be allowable. But if you plan to game on PC with keyboard and mouse, with multiplayer games, then a good monitor is better.

Anyhow i am going to get a TV.
What is the best TV i can buy if i will be using my PC for media playback and games ?
What is the best bet ?

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
go for non-3D.

Sony has the best picture quality. Far more natural and soothing than LG/Samsung.

arko1983

In the zone
Anyhow i am going to get a TV.
What is the best TV i can buy if i will be using my PC for media playback and games ?
What is the best bet ?

I bought Lg 47la6200 for 82.5k for using as monitor and 3d gaming .

U can see my setup
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/chit-chat/45694-post-your-latest-purchase-692.html#post2051881

I can play 3d gaming without nvidia software,if u r interested to how pm me.

OP
TheMost

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
Guys i am really confused

The shopkeeper Just gave me an offer

55inch w800 for 1,34,000 Rupees.

Should I go for it or pick the 47" w850 for 1,04,000 ?

Or go with LG 6200?

Last edited:

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Re: 46" 3D TV [150K] - Gaming

I am going for the 42" SONY W850 next month too. I looked at the competitors, the increased gamut of the SONY Triluminous display is superb and far ahead of it's competitors. Passive 3D in this one is amazing too. Avoid Active 3D if you can, they may lead to headaches. I plan on using it with my gaming laptops. Crysis 3 in 3D in FHD(Hope no issues arise due to HDMI cable bottleneck).

- - - Updated - - -

Also only reason I am getting the w850 is due to it's Triluminious display.

OP
TheMost

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!

I am going for the 42" SONY W850 next month too. I looked at the competitors, the increased gamut of the SONY Triluminous display is superb and far ahead of it's competitors. Passive 3D in this one is amazing too. Avoid Active 3D if you can, they may lead to headaches. I plan on using it with my gaming laptops. Crysis 3 in 3D in FHD(Hope no issues arise due to HDMI cable bottleneck).

- - - Updated - - -

Also only reason I am getting the w850 is due to it's Triluminious display.

Should i convince myself for this offer
55 inch W800 for 1,34,000

Would the triluminous make huge difference ? Is w850 that much superior ?

seamon

Superhuman Spambot

Should i convince myself for this offer
55 inch W800 for 1,34,000

Would the triluminous make huge difference ? Is w850 that much superior ?

Yep the difference is extremely noticeable. The color reproduction of the Triluminos is amazing. w800 should be comparable to HDTVs from other brands but w850 is a class apart.

Why not go for the 46" w950, you'll get PS3 free which you can sell. :lol:

I went from shop to shop to get a comparison of HDTVs and I can tell you this......nothing comes even close to SONY Triluminos.

OP
TheMost

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
Yep the difference is extremely noticeable. The color reproduction of the Triluminos is amazing. w800 should be comparable to HDTVs from other brands but w850 is a class apart.

Why not go for the 46" w950, you'll get PS3 free which you can sell. :lol:

I went from shop to shop to get a comparison of HDTVs and I can tell you this......nothing comes even close to SONY Triluminos.

Thank you for the quick response.
I too watched both in action but had to compare a 55 w800 with a 47 w850.
Defenitely 850 was better ..but i thought it was because of the size .

Just because he gave me an offer , a 1,54,000 rs TV for 1,34,000 i was totally confused ...

950 ? I need passive 3d.
I agree with you that sony's pq beats everything at real test ..

seamon

Superhuman Spambot

Thank you for the quick response.
I too watched both in action but had to compare a 55 w800 with a 47 w850.
Defenitely 850 was better ..but i thought it was because of the size .

Just because he gave me an offer , a 1,54,000 rs TV for 1,34,000 i was totally confused ...

950 ? I need passive 3d.
I agree with you that sony's pq beats everything at real test ..

Oh I didn't know w950 had active 3D, stay away.
Maybe he's just trying to sell you stuff which nobody buys. :-/. It might be a possibility. IMO Go ahead with w850 and don't give way to buyer's regret. Once you buy it, think it's the best, no need to look back.

BTW If Sony is releasing their new set of TVs in say like 2 weeks then it's worth waiting otherwise go for it and don't look back.

- - - Updated - - -

Tell us about your 3D gaming experience. If you face any issues, I found this:

*afriendlyfox.com/2013/02/04/massively-improved-nvidia-3d-vision-on-passive-3dtvs-edid-override/

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
I have the KDL W55 - 850A , trust me its one of the best LED displays.I bought it during Diwali and had also got a headphone worth Rs 12000 as a freebie. Get it eyes closed.The 3D is amazing too over the active ones I have in another old 46 incher Samsung.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
how many 3D glasses bundled with Sony W850A ?

4 passive.

PS:- I wrote that Passive word just because 5 is the least no. of letters one can write in a post and btw this PS note is useless and you just wasted 15 secs reading this as it serves no purpose.

OP
TheMost

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
Booked 47" w850 and YAMAHA 299

Just confused what Model HDMI i should buy and which company ...
I heard cost makes no sense in HDMI cables as they all are digital signals,,

Can you people suggest some some brands to start with ?
Can i use the same 1.4v version for both the TV and YAMAHA ?
or should i buy an 1.3v for YAMAHA ?

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I was thinking about getting this one as all available locally are short and I need to connect my laptops from far away.

High Speed Flat Cable 5M Meter 1 4A Hdmi 1 4V 1080P HD W Ethernet 3D HDTV DVD | eBay

As you can see, it's quite cheap.

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
Booked 47" w850 and YAMAHA 299

Just confused what Model HDMI i should buy and which company ...
I heard cost makes no sense in HDMI cables as they all are digital signals,,

Can you people suggest some some brands to start with ?
Can i use the same 1.4v version for both the TV and YAMAHA ?
or should i buy an 1.3v for YAMAHA ?

Good choice!
W850 is the best!
I too got it for 85k from dealer(He arranged for me) and it's a black beauty!

All software are awesome!Clarity is by far the best as compared to Samsung !

For HDMI cables check spec sheet provided in your TV!
Anyway higher version do offer backward compatibility!

So cross check both Yamaha and 850 spec sheets!

I was thinking about getting this one as all available locally are short and I need to connect my laptops from far away.

High Speed Flat Cable 5M Meter 1 4A Hdmi 1 4V 1080P HD W Ethernet 3D HDTV DVD | eBay

As you can see, it's quite cheap.

You will get more cheaper with dealer!
Usually I always go to dealer and ask price then show him online price and I get a good bargain!

Top Bottom