450 GB .. What to do ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Hey Guys , Got myself a Seagate 250GB SATA HDD today , now I have a total of 3 HDD's , The other two are 80GB and 120 GB , both SATA. so a total of 450GB on paper ( actual space will obviously be less )

Now my primary HDD is the 80GB one. I have XP installed here taking 12 GB . 4 more partitions take up the rest of the space.

120 GB one is where I have installed Ubuntu Feiste.

25+ GB for root partition and 950+ for swap . Rest of the space is divided into 3 partitions.

Now I have added the new drive and want to use it as the primary HDD i.e., I want XP to be installed there set it as C drive and also want to install Vista on this drive.

I want 120 GB drive for only storing Media files ( videos and stuff )

I want to use the 80GB drive only for Linux.

Now how can I reconfigure the drive and make my system boot from the new drive. Removing the 80 GB drive , installing XP and then reconnecting it to copy the data... Will that work?

I got another problem , When I try to create a new partition in the new drive , the partition gets created but the rest of the unallocated space still shows 230GB+ of space available. Even if I create multiple partitions the result is the same. I have attached the screen shot.

Waiting for reply :D

EDIT: There was no problem with the new drive partition. I was allocating space in MB's insted of GB :p

Last edited:

vish786

"The Gentleman"
hey its showing the partition in MB instead of GB... may be u have choosen MB size while creating... check out once :)

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
LOL , You guys got me .. yea its in MB .. Always never drool about your new purchase... AKA Dont get excited :D

Fixed it ..Now the new drive has a New partition of 35 GB, rest I will add later. I will keep the attachment in my original post so that others can also LOL :p

Last edited:

vish786

"The Gentleman"
charangk said:
LOL , You guys got me .. yea its in MB .. Always never drool about your new purchase... AKA Dont get excited :D

Fixed it ..Now the new drive has a New partition of 35 GB, rest I will add later. I will keep the attachment in my original post so that others can also LOL :p

u did it purposely then ??? :mad::D

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^^ No What i did was insted of specifying 75000 as partition i gave just 75. It was a real mistake by me. I did not do it on purpose

Guys any help? Still waiting to make the new HDD as primary Disk.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom