40K upgrade NEXT WEEK

Pick One!

• Total voters

boom2709

Tich tor ang tesmur
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
watching HD content. Now im not a serious gamer but iev been wanting to play Crysis for a long time, so plz take that into consideration.

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
Sure

3. What is your MAX budget?

4. Planning to overclock?
Negative

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
Win7 and Ubuntu

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
I already have 2TBs

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
1080p FullHD

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
I'ev tried and failed before so ill be taking this to the assembler

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
Next Week

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
Very much so

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
Speakers
Keyboard + Mouse
HDD
Cabinet
PSU

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
Pune

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary

this is in continuation from my previous thread
..and this was the config i had arrived at

Component | Make | Price Processor | Intel Core i5 2500k | 11000
Motherboard |Asus P8H67-M EVO | 8900
|GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 | 9500
RAM | G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-4GBXL | 2600
| Corsair Vengeance (CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9) | 2500
Graphic Card | Sapphire HD6850 | 9500
Monitor | Dell SP2309W | 13750
| Total |~45000

now i'm not sure about the motherboard yet, id like to mention that im totally in love with the ASUS's EFI BIOS, dunno about the gigabyte ones!
someone please review this monitor for, i know it's a bit on the expensive side but i really like its looks, please suggest any other good monitors also..

vwad

In the zone
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
watching HD content. Now im not a serious gamer but iev been wanting to play Crysis for a long time, so plz take that into consideration.

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
Sure

3. What is your MAX budget?

4. Planning to overclock?
Negative

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
Win7 and Ubuntu

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
I already have 2TBs

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
1080p FullHD

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
I'ev tried and failed before so ill be taking this to the assembler

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
Next Week

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
Very much so

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
Speakers
Keyboard + Mouse
HDD
Cabinet
PSU

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
Pune

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary

this is in continuation from my previous thread
..and this was the config i had arrived at

Motherboard |Asus P8H67-M EVO | 8900
|GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 | 9500
Graphic Card | Sapphire HD6850 | 9500
Monitor | Dell SP2309W | 13750
| Total |~45000

now i'm not sure about the motherboard yet, id like to mention that im totally in love with the ASUS's EFI BIOS, dunno about the gigabyte ones!
someone please review this monitor for, i know it's a bit on the expensive side but i really like its looks, please suggest any other good monitors also..

Get BenQ E2220HD at Rs. 8.7k OR Dell ST2220L at Rs. 8.8k

First confrim with Sujata Computers, Nal Stop Chowk, Karve Road before buying anywhere. Don't go to Data Care, its not good only crowded and chaotic :(

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Buddy if u are going with the 2500K,u have to have either of P67 or Z68 to be able to overclock it...or if u want not to OC...then u can go for a 2500 and save some 400-500bucks....also u can get either of the H67 or Z68 then...

shayem

In the zone
get Z68 one or better GA-Z68A-D3H-B3. If budget support go with Asus P8Z68-V or V-pro.

For monitor go with BenQ G2222HDL. Better than Dell ST2220L. If you can , compare both side by side before purchase.

vwad

In the zone
get Z68 one or better GA-Z68A-D3H-B3. If budget support go with Asus P8Z68-V or V-pro.

For monitor go with BenQ G2222HDL. Better than Dell ST2220L. If you can , compare both side by side before purchase.

How about BenQ E2220HD ? :)

OP
B

boom2709

Tich tor ang tesmur
@mukherjee
id rather spend the extra 500bucks and keep my options of OCing open! :D

@vwad
@shayem

i really like the look and feel of dell displays, i wouldn't wanna go with benq unless there are some serious upsides, please mention if any
also im looking for screen sizes slightly larger than the regular 22"

if someone has any opinion about Dell SP2309W please share?
im looking at these two monitors also
Dell ST2420L
Dell ST2320L

@vwad
@shayem
@mukherjee

as for the motherboard

A. i don't really know much about the benefits of the Z68 mobos except that they provide some kinda SSD caching which i don't care much, i'd rather buy a SSD when the prices come down.
so please lemme know if Z68s are better in any other way and i wouldn't mind switching

B. i wouldn't switch to GB easily because i just love the UEFI BIOS of ASUS

shayem

In the zone
That one is good too but LCD and suggested one is LED. If you don't know difference between them, Google it.

@mukherjee

@vwad
@shayem

i really like the look and feel of dell displays, i wouldn't wanna go with benq unless there are some serious upsides, please mention if any
also im looking for screen sizes slightly larger than the regular 22"

Well check ST2220L & G2222HDL side by side at time of purchase. You'll understand.

@mukherjeeif someone has any opinion about Dell SP2309W please share?
im looking at these two monitors also
Dell ST2420L
Dell ST2320L

You can look for even better monitors like 120Hz monitors as long as budget is not concern.

@mukherjee@vwad
@shayem
@mukherjee

as for the motherboard

A. i don't really know much about the benefits of the Z68 mobos except that they provide some kinda SSD caching which i don't care much, i'd rather buy a SSD when the prices come down.
so please lemme know if Z68s are better in any other way and i wouldn't mind switching

Yap...after price drops you can buy 1TB/2TB SSD ;-) . But I would suggest try to know what SSD caching is and how it work. And yes Z68 has many other features, so try to goole it on internet. Too tired of tellin eveyone about it's benifit :tired:

@mukherjeeB. i wouldn't switch to GB easily because i just love the UEFI BIOS of ASUS

Again everything is fine as long as budget is not concern. So take your decision wisely :)

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ boom2709

Buddy my piece of advice would be to cut down on monitor and get a better gpu. If you save 4-5k by opting for dell st2220l or benq g222hd, you can get a better gpu like a gtx 560-ti factory overclocked or a 6950 2gB. Both are far powerful than a 6850 and will give consistently more performance at fullhd resolutions.

In fact, they will make your setup more balanced. Besides a 22inch fullhd monitor will cover all your needs. If you can spend 5k extra , then get the 23incher but don't cut down the gpu.

Btw, what psu you have currently?

OP
B

boom2709

Tich tor ang tesmur
@shayem
ie'v googled alot bout Z68 and read alot about its features but i wanted some one to interpret it with respect to my requirements

@vickybat
that sounds very reasonable..ill do that
i'ev got a Corsair VX550 will that be powerful enough?

this is where im at now..

Motherboard |Asus P8Z68-V PRO | 14000
|Asus P8Z68-V | 12500
|Asus P8H67-M EVO | 8900
Graphic Card | Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 | 16000
| MSI R6950 Twin Frozr II/OC | 15400
Monitor | Dell ST2320L | 10000
| Total |~45k-50k

now these are my concerns

A. Is a Corsair VX550 PSU enough to support this config?
B. I'm still not sure if i really need the Z68 mobo for my requirements
C. wheres the difference between P8Z68-V and its PRO edition except for the couple of extra SATA 6gbps ports
D. which GPU and RAM should i choose?
E. is this monitor fine or should i go with benq [dont take the pricing into consideration]

Last edited:

MegaMind

Human Spambot
A. Is a Corsair VX550 PSU enough to support this config?
B. I'm still not sure if i really need the Z68 mobo for my requirements
C. wheres the difference between P8Z68-V and its PRO edition except for the couple of extra SATA 6gbps ports
D. which GPU and RAM should i choose?
E. is this monitor fine or should i go with benq [dont take the pricing into consideration]

A. yes VX550 is enough for ur PC with single GPU.
B. Z68s are gr8, if u r not willing to spend much on mobo, get a descent P67 mobo.
C. IEEE 1394a ports, DTS feature.
D. If i were u, i would taken the Twin frozer ii/OC & Vengeance(i personally like vengeance).
E. Dell LED is good.

shayem

In the zone
@shayem
ie'v googled alot bout Z68 and read alot about its features but i wanted some one to interpret it with respect to my requirements

Check this one , Well explained IMO.

nilgtx260

Maximum Craze
A. yes VX550 is enough to handle HD 6850/HD 6950 or stretch your budget if possible to buy TX 650V2
B. both of them are good, if you dont wanna spend money, then go for p67.
D. If I were you, I will surely go for HD 6950 & vengeance
E. Dell is as good as Benq or ASUS or samsung & LG.

OP
B

boom2709

Tich tor ang tesmur
@shayem
firstly thanks for the link, really helpful.
but now riddle me this, if im not gonna use multiple monitors and im not gonna overclock anything and im not gonna use crossfire ever shouldn't i go for H67?

and just please clarify this for me..
if i get a Z68 will i get the benefit of a small SSD cache without buying one?
and if i do get a ‘real’ SSD along with the Z68 is there gonna be any kinda problem due to the caching?

@MegaMind
C. IEEE 1394a ports, DTS feature.
i dont think thats worth the extra 2.5k..correct me if im wrong?

@MegaMind
@nilgtx260

nilgtx260 is suggesting HD 6950 and MegaMind says Twin frozer ii/OC
thats 1 against 1, now somebody cast another vote!

nilgtx260

Maximum Craze
@OP: both me & megamind suggested you HD 6950, it's only that he is suggesting a particular gpu manufactured model & I am suggesting the particular amd gpu, go for MSI HD 6950 Twin Frozr II/OC or MSI HD 6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition/OC

OP
B

boom2709

Tich tor ang tesmur
@nilgtx260
@OP: both me & megamind suggested you HD 6950, it's only that he is suggesting a particular gpu manufactured model & I am suggesting the particular amd gpu, go for MSI HD 6950 Twin Frozr II/OC or MSI HD 6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition/OC
sorry about the mixup there, i feel like succha dumbass and i just posted a poll also, which i have no idea how to remove how!
also i couldn't find a quote for Twin Frozr III could you please point me in the right direction?

neways so this is my config at this moment

Motherboard |Asus P8Z68-V | 12500
|Asus P8H67-M EVO | 8900
RAM | Corsair Vengeance (CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9) | 2500
Graphic Card | MSI R6950 Twin Frozr II/OC | 15400
Monitor | Dell ST2320L |
| Dell ST2220L |
| Dell ST2220M |
| Dell UltraSharp U2311H |
| ????? |
| Total |~45k-50k

i just need a lil more info before i can decide the mobo

but the big thing troubling me is the monitor, IPS and TN and bleeding and ghosting..this is too much information for me to process!
ST2320L was my final choice up until yesterday but then this review came along..
now im thinking if U2311H is the way to go!?!?

shayem

In the zone
@shayem
firstly thanks for the link, really helpful.
but now riddle me this, if im not gonna use multiple monitors and im not gonna overclock anything and im not gonna use crossfire ever shouldn't i go for H67?

It has nothing to do with multiple monitor. So explain me your doubt. It'll help me to answer you. Go through this post. Hope it'll clear your doubts. And H67 mobo supports SLI or Crossfirex too. And yes you can go with H67 if you are not going to overclock. But overclocking is a single feature, it has many more useful features which you'll not get in H67. But its up to you if you need them or not.

@shayemand just please clarify this for me..
if i get a Z68 will i get the benefit of a small SSD cache without buying one?
and if i do get a ‘real’ SSD along with the Z68 is there gonna be any kinda problem due to the caching?

With Z68+small size SSD you can get SSD like speed which is almost same like SSD only system AFAIK. It's like getting HD6970 like performance with HD6950(after unlocking) IMO.

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Motherboard |Asus P8Z68-V | 12000
RAM | Corsair Vengeance (CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9) | 2500
Graphic Card | Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 2GB | 16000|can unlock to 6970
Monitor | Your choice | x
Total ||41500+x

U r good to go for 3-4 yrs(except for the GPU part)

Top Bottom