jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Techradar.com
AVforum.com
lcdtvbuyingguide.com
Cnet.com

but most of these sites don't review Indian models
That's the problem. I wan't to see some reviews from experts on TV. Can't we have so many sites for other gadgets but not for TV.

desai_amogh

In the zone
A good friend suggested buying a UHD tv and an android tv box as LG web OS support wont last ling and apps will stop coming. Are there any UHD tvs with HDR but non smart ???

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Today i checked out my local vendors and found that they stopped selling W752D series and only 772E series is available. Could be had for somewhere around 58 or 59 (lesser than online). Attached comparison with earlier model. Can someone suggest? Also any idea how GST will affect the prices? Shopkeeper didn't have a clue.

LED TV | 4K HDR TELEVISION | ULTRA HD TVs | SLIM ULTRA HD | Premium Design | Android | Flat Screen TVs | Sony IN

Minion

Conversation Architect
Could you elaborate on why?. I asked the Sony center guy and he was saying something about triluminous display being better and HDR.

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk
Forget triluminous HDR is the real deal
Read this
HDR TV: What is HDR, and what does High Dynamic Range mean for television | TechRadar

In simple terms HDR provides better contrast,brightness and color

Last edited:
OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Forget triluminous HDR is the real deal
Read this
HDR TV: What is HDR, and what does High Dynamic Range mean for television | TechRadar

In simple terms HDR provides better contrast,brightness and color
Can you suggest any LG models with HDR in less than 60 K price range?

Minion

Conversation Architect
Can you suggest any LG models with HDR in less than 60 K price range?
LG 43UJ632T - 4K Ultra HD LED TV With WebOS, Magic Remote | LG IN
This one is available for 65k do check locally if you can get it for lesser price.

ssb1551

Technomancer
Can anybody please let me know the Refresh Rate of the following Monitor?
Samsung 32 Inch LED TV Price, Buy LED TV with USB, Features, Specs

Because my friend says that the above TV has a refresh rate higher than that of a Monitor which has 60 Hz. If that is the case then why dont we buy a 32" TV which has a refresh rate of 100Hz and it will cost cheaper than a Monitor.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Can anybody please let me know the Refresh Rate of the following Monitor?
Samsung 32 Inch LED TV Price, Buy LED TV with USB, Features, Specs

Because my friend says that the above TV has a refresh rate higher than that of a Monitor which has 60 Hz. If that is the case then why dont we buy a 32" TV which has a refresh rate of 100Hz and it will cost cheaper than a Monitor.

That 32" TV has 768p resolution and it makes no sense in buying that in 2017. 100Hz on that wouldn't be actual refresh rate. Manufacturer's have been known to make TVs with fake 240Hz panels.

ssb1551

Technomancer
Ok. What about a generic 40-43" FHD TVs ? Because I just saw a Philips TV advertised as 100Hz. What is the usual refresh rate on those TVs?

ssb1551

Technomancer
Ok coming back as to why we argued on this topic - he wants to buy a pc without Monitor since he wants to use his VU TV when he switches on the PC. Thats when I suggested him if he plans to use 1060 6GB then the VU TV can't run at 60Hz let alone more than that. The TV in question is :
Vu 102cm (40) Full HD LED TV Online at best Prices In India

So does that mean he doesn't need to buy a Monitor? If the TV runs at 60Hz (same as a Monitor) then does he need to buy a Monitor?

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
I finally got time to visit Sony store and got price for W772 E. They gave a price of approx 56 K + 5K for 2 yr extended warranty including panel. Earlier i had visited Reliance digital and got price of 55990 + 8K for 2yr extended warranty. First option is less costlier than online price. Any suggestions?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Ok coming back as to why we argued on this topic - he wants to buy a pc without Monitor since he wants to use his VU TV when he switches on the PC. Thats when I suggested him if he plans to use 1060 6GB then the VU TV can't run at 60Hz let alone more than that. The TV in question is :
Vu 102cm (40) Full HD LED TV Online at best Prices In India

So does that mean he doesn't need to buy a Monitor? If the TV runs at 60Hz (same as a Monitor) then does he need to buy a Monitor?
For the price of that tv, he can get a 27" 1080p IPS monitor with freesync and use it with nvidia fast sync enabled.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Hi,
Need some help on buying a smart tv.

1. Budget?
Ans: Less than 55 K

2. Display type and size?
Ans: Full HD Smart TV between 40 - 43 inch ( My viewing distance will be approx 6 feet)

3. The Primary use of Tv/monitor?
Ans:HD Movies, Channels, Sports,Youtube / Prime / Netflix

4. Ports Required?
Ans: 2 or more HDMIs and USB

5.The Preferred choice of brand?
Ans: Sony, LG & Philips

6. Any TV/monitor in consideration?
Ans: Sony KLV-40W562D, KLV-40W672E, LG 43LH600T & Philips 43PUT7690/V7

7. Any other info that you want to share.
Ans: Not sure whether to buy online or offline.Heard a lot of stories about running behind the CC for installation and paying extra.Will decide based on price difference.Had called up local Reliance store and found the price as follows:43LH600T - 51,990 including installation. They are not having 40W562D and suggested newer model KLV-40W672E at 52,990.

Would also like some suggestion if the size selected is right for my viewing distance of approx.6 feet.

LG 43UH650T 108 cm 4K Ultra Smart UHD LED IPS TV: Amazon.in: Electronics

Minion

Conversation Architect
I finally got time to visit Sony store and got price for W772 E. They gave a price of approx 56 K + 5K for 2 yr extended warranty including panel. Earlier i had visited Reliance digital and got price of 55990 + 8K for 2yr extended warranty. First option is less costlier than online price. Any suggestions?

Get it locally to be safe also you can bargin more.

Top Bottom