4 Problems of Internet and software

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
4 Problems of Internet and software

1)
Please tell this settings for sending emails by software.
I installed many software but all wants this to be set first
What to enter in STMP host and in STMP port
and also tell
What to enter in POP3 host and in POP3 port
I use tata and bsnl and sometimes satyam dial up connection
2)
Also please tell how to block dial programs or softwares that downloads or installs itself

automatically.
Actually i am using norton antivirus 2005 with latest definations
still many softwares installs automatically from internet

3)Which is the best pop up blocker for internet explorer
i am using some pop up blocker but it also blocks yahoo and gmail sites
i have check not to block this sites still it blocks it.

4)when i use internet explorer and when there is a link to sites and when i clicked on it that

internet explorer windows hangs sometimes it opens the link then also the new window of internet

explorer hangs. but i can surf internet explorer other windows that is open.
And after that i cant open another fresh internet explorer window, but can surf all windows that

is opened.
thanks.

Please Please help me
please give 1,2,3,4 numbers for answering problems that u know.
thanks

tuxfan

Technomancer
Answer to 3 and 4

Start using Mozilla Firefox. It is one of the fastest growing browser and has in built pop-up blocker. You can specify the allowed sites as well.

Kratos

Broken In
Norton does best what it is supposed to do best i.e Virus detection and removal. Anti Spyware software focus themselves exclusively to Spyware and Adware problems.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
:arrow: SMTP nd POP settings will be provided to u by ur ISP...or incase u have a gmail acount then they have excellent step by step info to create POP mail acount in outlook...PS...yahoo dont provide POP access free of cost!!

:arrow: to block dialers nd shit stuff...use adaware,spybot at regular basis,nd MOST IMPORTANT UPDATE ADAWARE ND SPYBOT REFERENCE FILES REGULARLY,every other day u'll find a new reference file...they r useless if they r old...install google toolbar,it has inbuilt pop-up blocker...nd BEST of all....dont CLICK on ny window that says that ur gonna be a millionaire with just one click!!!!...i.e use internet with caution!!! :wink:

:arrow: best i have used is google toolbar,since i google a lot..ie.e searching is too common for me then having a toolbar is a must!

:arrow: how much RAM u have...hanging of IE is due to low RAM...nd which OS ru using...try repairing IE,if it doesn't work try reinstalling IE.
clear ur temp IE files regulary,clear history,clear SSL state,clear forms/passwds...do msconfig nd remove startup unwanted stuff....will free up memory a lot!

do inform if it worked!! :mrgreen:[/b]

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
i'm a novice with email clients, i dont use them much, but here r some tips that worked for me.
for ur first question, let us take MS Outlook
start outlook, go to Tools>E-Mail Accounts>
in the window that pops, select Add a new e-mail account.
here, select the type of account (pop3 - for accounts like spymac, gmail, imap - for accounts like fastmail.fm, http - for mails like hotmail)
next, fill in the account details. for incoming and outgoing server settings, u will have to check the website for details. its usually mail.website.com (eg. mail.spymac.com, mail.fastmail.fm) or pop.website.com (for gmail, its pop.gmail.com)
for outgoing server, its usually smtp.website.com

for ur second question, just do this: download spybot snd and javacoolsoft spywareblaster and install both of them...its THE best combination. spywareblaster stops spywares from installing in the first place and it monitors both IE and mozilla firefox.
dont hoard ur PC with all kinds of s/w like adaware, spybot, spysweeper etc..

for ur 3rd q...i have not used a popup blocker much, coz i hardly use IE, but if u have SP2 installed, u wont need a popup blocker...for a better internet experience, just use firefox or opera.

for ur 4th q...it cud be a spyware which might have installed...run spybot and check....also, post ur hijackthis logfile here....doctor big fat bat (it_waaznt_me) will see if therez anything wrong.
but explorer crashing this often usually requires a clean install of the OS...i wud suggest u to perform a clean install.

:)

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
AMITAGARWAL02 said:
Please tell this settings for sending emails by software.
I installed many software but all wants this to be set first
What to enter in STMP host and in STMP port
and also tell
What to enter in POP3 host and in POP3 port
I use tata and bsnl and sometimes satyam dial up connection
Sancharnet Email server settings
I dunno if Sify provides POP mail or not .. You can read this page though and try those settings ..

AMITAGARWAL02 said:
2)
Also please tell how to block dial programs or softwares that downloads or installs itself

automatically.
Actually i am using norton antivirus 2005 with latest definations
still many softwares installs automatically from internet
Sree has already posted the best reply above ...

AMITAGARWAL02 said:
3)Which is the best pop up blocker for internet explorer
i am using some pop up blocker but it also blocks yahoo and gmail sites
i have check not to block this sites still it blocks it.

4)when i use internet explorer and when there is a link to sites and when i clicked on it that internet explorer windows hangs sometimes it opens the link then also the new window of internet explorer hangs. but i can surf internet explorer other windows that is open.
And after that i cant open another fresh internet explorer window, but can surf all windows that is opened.

You should use Maxthon. It will take care of all popups and ads ..And yeah .. if you suspect its spyware, then do post your HijackThis log ..

And btw .. You typed all this in Notepad na :p ...

And Corny :evil:

OP
A

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
Thanks to all for reply.
Wow many are replying for my problems.

i will use ad blocker instead ot norton antivirus for blocking ads
I want to sent emails by third party software like if i have yahoo account i will enter my email and use third party because many times yahoo ask for number displayed to enter in the box to send emails.

So i want to know
STMP host and in STMP port
for yahoo and gmail
I use tata dial up isp
After conneting internet VSNL status shows
Server ip address 203.197.36.26
Client ip address 219.65.64.228

Thanks is this address for STMP host and in STMP port

let us take MS Outlook
start outlook
I dont use outlook i use IE only
and now i want to use third party mailer to send emails.

Kratos

Broken In
Below is the URl for configuring your E-Mail Client

*internet.vsnl.com/mailservices/popmailsettings.htm

SMPTP server for Mumbai: 202.54.4.116
POP3 Server for Mumbai: 202.54.4.116

other servers:

*guide.vsnl.net.in/tcpip/static/dns/dns.html

Port you do not need to enter since most of the server use 25 as SMTP and POP3 is 110

OP
A

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
Received wrong SMTP response: 530 5.7.0 No AUTH command has been given.

Received wrong SMTP response: 554 <xyzxyz@yahoo.com>: Recipient address rejected: Access denied

Why this error

Kratos

Broken In
The user name and password you have to provide as given by VSNL. User would usually the email name like abc if email is abc@vsnl.com

Please also check checkbox "My Server requires authentication".

I do not know about 1 Mass Mailer but this is the problem why you are getting error.

Kratos

Broken In
It depends for what purpose you are sending emails.

For personal use Outlook, Eudora , Pegasus are fine.

1st Mass Mailer is a mass mailing software and I do not know much about them.

OP
A

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
One software tells me my primary DNS is 203.197.12.30

but it send emails only to 50 people

can u now help me after knowing DNS

thanks

Kratos

Broken In
DNS has not much to do with sending mails here. DNS is basically for resolving IP address.

You should check the error log or log of the software for reason why it is sending to only 50 people.

Since it is sending mails so configuration is correct.

OP
A

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
thanks
it is sending to 50 emails because it is unregistered
do u know any email software that send emails without SMPT or POP settings.

Kratos

Broken In
You are welcome.

No email could be sent without SMTP settings. What happens is that email is transferred to the SMTP server which forward it to the recipient.

There are basically two software required for sending emails.

1. EMail client like Outlook
2. An SMTP server like VSNL. It is possible that you install a local SMTP server on your desktop. This will remove the need of an SMTP server like VSNL or other. There are many free SMTP servers

Below is a free SMTP server:

[/url]*www.softaward.com/1036.html This is a little bit complicate...mailing soI cannot give any personal opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom