I just built a new PC with the following configuration:
Processor: Intel Pentium G630 Sandy bridge
Motherboard: Asus P8B75-V
Graphics card: Sapphire Radeon HD7750
RAM: 12 GB
HDD: 1 TB Western Digital Green Caviar
Optical Drive: Asus 24X DVDRW
PSU: 450W iball

My motherboard has a 8 pin ATX power connector as shown in the attachment and my PSU has a 4 pin power connector as attached. As per my motherboard guide it said, i could connect the 4 pin connector from my PSU to one of the four pins out of the 8 pins in my motherboard. I am worried if its going to cause any harm to my system or if i should buy a PSU with an 8 pin connector ONLY. Please advice.

Please note that the pictures are not exactly from my PSU and motherboard. The 4 pin wires from my PSU are two black and two yellow in color.

Attachments

• power.JPG
    power.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 78
  • atx.jpg
    atx.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 69

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
Change that PSU first thing.... iball ???? Go for Corsair, Seasonic, Antec.

BTW... the picture you posted of the PSU cable.... thats a 20pin+4pin connector which you'll need to combine both of them and put in the mobo power connector which is 24 Pin header. After that you'll need additional two 4 pin connectors or one 8 pin connector to power your CPU... which I doubt the iball PSU has.

AFAI iball 450 PSU has
1 20+4 pin connector (for powering mobo)
4 Sata connectors
1 PCIE 6 pin connector
1 FDD connector
4 big 4 pin IDE power connecotrs

Can you please confirm this ? In any case I strongly recommend changing that PSU.

*lh6.googleusercontent.com/-7L_nTZ1l_2E/UDoi3wuQJ7I/AAAAAAAAEZY/MBt7YhH8UUc/s500/e3xXZBnIc8zbkyOI_500.jpg

Top Bottom