3rd way to Boot Windows 8 Laptop

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
While installing display driver for laptop (HP tx1003au - nVidia Geforce Go 6150, Windows 8), due to some incompatibility windows 8 boot fails. Laptop already suffers some hardware failure which results in multiple beep sound before it could boot in.

Now, after those beep sounds, windows 8 boot logo appears and the system shutsdown or remains idle with a black screen. I am unable to boot in to restore it back to previous display driver.

None of the shortcut keys work, I do have the boot cd first option set in bios. USB boot does not work work the same reason. Need to find way to enter either system repair section or BIOS setup.

TIA.

Enjoy~!

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I don't understand how failing to update display drivers results in the inability to boot into BIOS!?

First you have to fix the hardware issue before you can fix your display driver.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think the laptop is not even recognizing the keyboard otherwise shortcut keys to enter into bios setup would have worked.

OP
speedyguy

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
BIOS or the motherboard has gone for a toss. Now this was the scenario before I messed up with the display driver.

I power ON my system, multiple beep appears while the screen displays HP logo. Shortcut keys would make no changes. After some patience, the system would get on with usual OS booting. Getting to BIOS (F10 key) or boot options (F8) etc. would sometime work but not always.

Now the problem is, no shortcut key get boot menu, since can't get into BIOS, I'm not able to get my bootable USB/DVD to be read. Its just that after few beeps, Windows 8 logo plays and then system shuts down (sometimes stays ON with a blank screen).

@topgear: It does recognize keyboard (incl external keyboard) and usb mouse. When blank screen appears, I actually can see the mouse movement.

Thanks.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I thought the system is only shoing a black screen upon booting but now look like the bios is ok but can't bet on the motherboard or keyboard though .. may the keyboard alone or the conecting part of the motherboard and keyboard has developed some issues. Anyway, did you try with an USB keyboard ?

OP
speedyguy

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
Yes I already have a USB keyboard connected. I guess you're close. Laptop keyboard do not function normally. Some keys dont work and some times there is a self button press. I have been using USB keyboard for long now.

Enjoy~!

Update: Beep issue was the keyboard. I managed to detach the the keyboard data cable and now its gone. However, I still dont get any response while hammering shortcut keys (via USB Keyboard) to enter BIOS etc. Removing my HDD made the laptop hit my bootable USB. So now I am in to that.

But, theres more. For once I could get into repair options. Next time onwards, we have this-

"The boot configuration data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system.
File: \Boot\BCD
Error Code: 0xc0000098"

I have already set first boot option to USB. So I am now able to hit USB with HDD connected as well. Don't know where I did wrong.

Thanks.

Top Bottom