[Query] 3rd Party Warranty Service for Motherboards

bhutbhut

U-ME=NOTHING
Hello

Can anyone put some light on 3rd party warranty service for ASUS/Gigabyte Motherboards. I want to know as the motherboard does not cover under warranty if purchased from other country, even if the model is not a region specific.

The difference in price is too much here in India than US. But due to crippled business policy of this cos, one bound to pay higher price to get the after sales warranty in his country.

Hope someone will come out with a alternative way here. :)

eagle_y2j

Youngling
They will give warranty over a product which is in warranty already !
3rd party will give such warranty as extension .

OP
B

bhutbhut

U-ME=NOTHING
They will give warranty over a product which is in warranty already !
3rd party will give such warranty as extension .
Thanks Eagle for your reply, but you are not correct. ASUS India refuse to provide after sales warranty as it was bought from another country. Though they mentioned that it can be repaired if I bear the cost at their service center.
Here is their reply:
Dear Mr Bhaskar Bhattacharya

Greetings of the days…………..!

Thank you for reaching us. Sorry for inconvenience cause to you.

As per ASUS India Warranty terms and conditions. ASUS P8Z77 V Pro Motherboard from US via EBay we will not cover under warranty.

We don`t provide global warranty support . But we will support on chargeable. Please contact if any query feel free.

Thanks & Regards

Abu Talib Gabbur - Service Manager - OP Sales I ASUS Technolgy Pvt. Ltd, Mumbai I Mobile :- +91 9820708228 I Email :- abu_gabbur@asus.com I Skype Id :- abutalib771

For queries / comments / suggestion : reachus@asus.com I Index I Toll Free – 1800-2090-365

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
well...its same everywhere...even in US you wont get warranty if u buy the stuff from India.
Cant say its a crippled policy...

OP
B

bhutbhut

U-ME=NOTHING
well...its same everywhere...even in US you wont get warranty if u buy the stuff from India.
Cant say its a crippled policy...
Then what else can be called as crippled. They are doing business worldwide, but making the warranty region specific, and pricing is different too. Aren't we buying from the brand ASUS or Gigabyte, then why they are forcing people to rely on dealers/resellers to get the after sales service. And we all know how pathetic Rashi Peripheral is, they cant even provide the equivalent replacement board if needed to be replaced. If it is termed as Manufacturer Warranty then it should be the responsibility of the Manufacturer to provide the service no matter what is the consumer's geographical location.

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
there are certain legal and logistics issues...
1.if you watch closely you will see some parts are region specific;so its not possible to give warranty everywhere.and its economically not feasible.or smart.
2.Difference in pricing is due to various economical factors which is not under the control of manufacturers.
3.India as of now do not have an enthusiast market so its kinda foolish to think that they will have ready stock of every enthusiast product that comes out if its not in demand.people here are more "value" oriented(the definition of value is questionable though,people tend to favor spray painted caps and mislabeled controllers over genuine stuff).

Top Bottom