3G Queries

Rohan_B

Journeyman
My regular phone is an HTC Desire S. But these days I had an Xperia Ray to play around with so I put my SIM Card in it and started using it. There have been only 2 days of me using it when I got a message from Airtel that I have been given 500MB of 3G free for a month. I later learnt that this was a Promotional Scheme by Sony and Airtel.
Now my query is that if I put my SIM back in my Desire S will the scheme be active?
Or is the scheme only active on Xperia Phones?

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
It should work on your desire too. Give it a try. I got same offer from docomo and it worked

Sent from my GT-I8350 using Board Express

s_holmes

Broken In
I think it shud work if you put your SIM in the other phone. But just to be sure please call up Airtel customer care and check

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
the 3G free pack got activated cause sim detected the mobile was from Sony. When you put in back in your HTC, the settings may get changed a bit or at least they'll know the mobile is a different one. They may disable this pack.

I doubt customer care will have details about it. even if they do, they may provide him with false info.

acidCow

Broken In
My regular phone is an HTC Desire S. But these days I had an Xperia Ray to play around with so I put my SIM Card in it and started using it. There have been only 2 days of me using it when I got a message from Airtel that I have been given 500MB of 3G free for a month. I later learnt that this was a Promotional Scheme by Sony and Airtel.
Now my query is that if I put my SIM back in my Desire S will the scheme be active?
Or is the scheme only active on Xperia Phones?

Hey you got that offer? I have a Neo V and I din't get any offer! I called up airtel many times - they don't seem to be knowing of this offer. They asked me to call Sony Ericsson. I don't know why. ANyways how did you get that offer? Was it the first SIM you put in that Ray?

OP
Rohan_B

Rohan_B

Journeyman
Hey you got that offer? I have a Neo V and I din't get any offer! I called up airtel many times - they don't seem to be knowing of this offer. They asked me to call Sony Ericsson. I don't know why. ANyways how did you get that offer? Was it the first SIM you put in that Ray?

My friend gave me his newly bought Ray as he had to leave immediately for Goa the next day. He had asked me to use the phone as my own and explore it to later teach him how to set it up when he was back.
So I put my SIM in the Phone and on the 2nd Day itself I got the message from Airtel, stating I had got 500MB of free 3G usage for a month. Well, I was not even expecting that, since I wasn't aware of any such thing.
And my friend had put his SIM for a few hours in the phone before giving it to me and he did not get the scheme. Guess I got really Lucky!!
But I think you should just wait. My friend with an Xperia Arc is also waiting for the scheme.
You will get it eventually, I Believe.

acidCow

Broken In
Hey finally even I got the offer!! I had actually switched sim to another phone yesterday. Then put the sim back into this phone. Just got the message saying I got free 500MB 3G
data.
Well, I thought I wouldnt get it and took the 98rs plan. On their site it shows not applicable if theres a internet offer on your phone already. Even *123*11# shows invalid account! .

Top Bottom