chirayu garg

Journeyman
I wanna purchase a good 3G cellphone.
I browsed the nokia website and was confused a bit can somebody plz tell me difference between UMTS, WCDMA, 3G GSM, 2G GSM.
What services are being offered in India currently ?

Also suggest me a good cellphone having 3G,WiFi,E-mail client,good browser etc.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
you have not mentioned your budget which is very important for us to suggest you any mobile.

As you have mentioned about nokia, E71 is cheap and best option (14499). It comes with lifetime free license of Nokia Maps Ovi Mail which are very useful applications.

UMTS/WCDMA are terms actually referred for 3G mobile handsets. It means that the handset support 3G network in addition to 2G. 3G obviously has good speed advantage over 2G. You can also make video calls, browse internet a lot faster among other benfits.

awesomeabid

Right off the assembly line
Wats ur budget...!! ??

coz i'll simply recomend u iPhone...
:D

DONT WORY, i can recomend u cheaper ones too.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
dude really the i-phone is a style statement rather than a actual and useful device... its battery life is the main problem.... for that much money .... you can probably get 10x better phones like the HTC legend tattoo nokia N8 x8 etc..

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
dude really the i-phone is a style statement rather than a actual and useful device... its battery life is the main problem.... for that much money ....

Please, if you can, try and use the iPhone for a week (beg/borrow/steal) and then try to write the above statement. :)

There are hundreds of nifty features in iPhone which none of the other manufacturers have even thought of.
Do you know it has a feature using which you can clip a video clip before attaching it in email if it too large? Do you know its 3 MP camera delivers much better and stable images than most of the handsets which have 5 MP cameras (atleast my N85 suck!)? I have no shame in accepting that it loads a web page and google maps faster on EDGE than my N85 with 3G...And there is list of many "firsts" which Apple innovated and included in iPhone before anyone else. Capacitive touch was popularized by Apple iPhone (and it is going to be the future in smartphones, increasing popularity of Android is an example of this and now Nokia is following suit)...
Buddy it is very easy to hate Apple and the iPhone (I do) but accepting the fact that it is indeed one of the best phones ever is not that difficult either! :)

BTW: I do not own one, but I often use my friend's iPhone and thus know a lot about it.

awesomeabid

Right off the assembly line
Please, if you can, try and use the iPhone for a week (beg/borrow/steal) and then try to write the above statement. :)

There are hundreds of nifty features in iPhone which none of the other manufacturers have even thought of.
Do you know it has a feature using which you can clip a video clip before attaching it in email if it too large? Do you know its 3 MP camera delivers much better and stable images than most of the handsets which have 5 MP cameras (atleast my N85 suck!)? I have no shame in accepting that it loads a web page and google maps faster on EDGE than my N85 with 3G...And there is list of many "firsts" which Apple innovated and included in iPhone before anyone else. Capacitive touch was popularized by Apple iPhone (and it is going to be the future in smartphones, increasing popularity of Android is an example of this and now Nokia is following suit)...
Buddy it is very easy to hate Apple and the iPhone (I do) but accepting the fact that it is indeed one of the best phones ever is not that difficult either! :)

BTW: I do not own one, but I often use my friend's iPhone and thus know a lot about it.

Thanks for the Backup ... :cool: and explaining thngs elaborately...
Ther is stil more to say

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

Go here (Its a pretty handy site for ur needs) :
Compareindia.in.com

to your budget, i'd say add 500 more and get urself a Nokia 5800

Top Bottom