3G iPhone 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I told bundled by default.
1. Every Mac comes with iWork ’08 bundled by default; and
2. It’s a trial version limited to thirty days because they are a business and need to make money. Expecting an office suite to be bundled with an operating system, specially one that only costs $129, is just plain cheap.

It’s not like Linux and never will be. You may see that as a disadvantage; I certainly don’t.

1. Every Mac comes with iWork ’08 bundled by default; and
2. It’s a trial version limited to thirty days because they are a business and need to make money. Expecting an office suite to be bundled with an operating system, specially one that only costs $129, is just plain cheap.

It’s not like Linux and never will be. You may see that as a disadvantage; I certainly don’t.
For your information, office suites are some of the most basic apps ever in an operating system. Its as important as a Media Player or a Web Browser or a File Manager. These are four components no modern day OS can live without.

What do you mean an Office Suite with a 129$ is plain cheap ? If its anything over 20 dollars its got to have features, understand that.

One more funny thing is this: if they don't want to bundle their own Office Suite, why not bundle some other office suite like Neo Office ?

Other companies like Novell do that. They release versions with both commercial and free software, and mix these up to change cost of ownership.

And please stay on topic:p
Thats why I reduced size and altered colour.

dtox

The Techno Perv
Noone except Steve Jobs knows its features. :) The rumours only confirm that besides 3G it will have GPS. Everything else is uncertain.

The $200 cost is the subsidised cost by operators. It won't be available for that price in India.

thanks for the info.. :)

but i also read that vodafone and airtel have requested apple to reduce its prices so that it can atleast be affordable.. good luck with that! :D

Last edited:
OP
N

nikhilpai

Techans
The new iPhone has been announced. At first glance though it does look disappointing.

Read this articles:
*www.itwire.com/content/view/18671/1103/
*gizmodo.com/5014705/iphone-3g-the-stuff-that-didnt-get-upgraded
*www.engadget.com/2008/06/09/iphone-3g-hands-on

It has 3G and GPS and is cheaper.

But other than that, the old problems of the iPhone continue. :( Third party softwares may help to reduce some of the problems.

India launch date not yet known. In 22 countries it will launch on 11 July, but these 22 countries do not include India.

Last edited:

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Duplicate thread, disussion already going on, please continue there.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90116

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom