3G falls back to 2G - Celkon A35K

patkim

Cyborg Agent
I have Idea Prepaid SIM card and my phone Celkon A35K is 3G Capable.
In Pune I notice that even though I have set my Mobile Network to 3G (Only two options 2G or 3G, there is no preferred 3G option therein) in my phone, it frequently falls back to 2G. I have to then manually first set to 2G and then again 3G and the story continues.

First 4 – 5 seconds I have all 5 bars (signal strength) of 3G than start falling down to 3 then 2 then 1 and finally after a few minutes it falls back to 2G (all five bars active when it's 2G)
Is this a phone problem or the network problem? I just can not use 3G Internet effectively with my Idea sim card & Celkon A35K phone.

OP
patkim

patkim

Cyborg Agent
[MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION] - Your trick worked. Those settings seemed to have been hidden deep within Android! Now it does not fall back to 2G, but 3G coverage is certainly poor though! Many Thanks!

TheSloth

The Slowest One
[MENTION=4314]patkim[/MENTION], the problem isn't with phone, its network issue. You can't do anyting about it. I face similar thing in my phone albeit it happens from 4G to 3G. I have set my phone to 4G. Since 4G network isn't strong in my area, as you described, the the bars will gradually decrease in 4G network and then eventually step down to 3G network which has good network quality in my area. Whichever network is stronger, the phone will switch to it. Can't believe this is happening in Pune.

Top Bottom