3dmark scores for 6800gs.........help....

Status
Not open for further replies.

anilthomas26

In the zone
hey....first lemme give my config...

asus k8n mobo
1gb ram
amd 64bit 2800+
evga 6800gs 256mb

i ran 3dmark05 on ma system and here r the scores.....

i ran all the tests.....

without anisotropic filtering and without antialising.... : 4788

without anisotropic filtering and with antialising........ : 4369

how gud is this......... ?????

help me guys.............

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
I got around 5800 in 3d Mark05 with my XFX 6800GS and 3000+ overclocked to 2.25Ghz and 1GB RAM. I think your score should be a little higher. Did you stop all unnecessary background services while running the benchmarks?

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
I don't know how to test 3dMark scores can u help me guys.My config Pentium D 3.0,945 mobo,nvidia 6600 GT xfx (256 mb),1 gb ddr2.

OP
A

anilthomas26

In the zone
wat background services shud i stop ?????......

plz help me........and i have been havin some problems like ma scrren wud flicker while playin games.....

i disabled agp fastwrite and tat solved the problem.......

and ma card is an agp8x version.......

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
does ur mobo support dual channel mem, ??? If it doesn't then its quite ok for ur system to get those scores at stock ..

Also make sure to bench at stock settings of 3DMark05 ... i.e. at 1024*768 , no aa,af ... anyway ... just a point of info ..

I get just over 6k's in 3DMark05 ... so good luck ...

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Yes, dual channel memory does make a difference in performance and hence in 3d mark scores. Since your machine is a home PC, disable all services related to networking and internet and antivirus and firewall for the time being. See the attachment for detailed tweaks in registry and services. It is taken from www.tweakguides.com. It is not just related to testing for 3d mark scores but improving the performance of your windows XP machine in general.

Third Eye

gooby pls
anilthomas26 said:
wat background services shud i stop ?????......

plz help me........and i have been havin some problems like ma scrren wud flicker while playin games.....

i disabled agp fastwrite and tat solved the problem.......

and ma card is an agp8x version.......

if you want to get high score..disable all services except the main services..like plug n play,nvidia display,windows sound..

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
K8N is s754 and doesn't support dual ch.

If you want to increase your score, just overclock your CPU and unlock/oc your card, you may be able to get 5500-6000

Last edited:

Third Eye

gooby pls
anilthomas26 said:
hey......i unlocked a pixel pipeline using riva tuner and now my new score is 4931.....

and i am using 3dmark05.....

This is a great score....

Last edited:
OP
A

anilthomas26

In the zone
i overclocked to 425/1150

now ma score is 5191.......and i heard that scores in different versions of 3dmark will be different........

so is my score a gud one ???

i am using 3dmark05.......

and plzz suggest some software to check for artifacts....

Third Eye

gooby pls
anilthomas26 said:

now ma score is 5191.......and i heard that scores in different versions of 3dmark will be different........

Definately ! But remember do not overclock again and again,it can harm your graphic card and result low fps in games.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl

Looks quite ok ... i think ur card can take atleast 450 MHz on the core ..

Also .. for artifact testing , use ATi Tray Tools .. google for a download link ,.... run for atleast 50 mins.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Give some 3D MARK 03 nd 06 scores also. 06 really tax the card nd its the only benchmark which scans all the features nd potential of newer vards.

Third Eye

gooby pls
anilthomas26 said:
jst ran 3dmark06........

and the score : 2751 ......

don tell me this is bad..........

Your score is ok.Mine 3D Mark06 Score is 1711 and i have XFX 6600GT 256MB.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom