3D Modelling in Blender ( A Black Baldie)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
Alright. This project took me 3 days, where I started to learn more about Blender due to one of my buddy's inspiration.
Here's the reference:
*img244.imageshack.us/img244/7805/blackmanrefho6.th.jpg
And here are the screen dumps:
*img292.imageshack.us/img292/8432/dumpsidepo5.th.jpg*img245.imageshack.us/img245/5931/dumptopnh7.th.jpg*img170.imageshack.us/img170/6707/dumppers2gv2.th.jpg
*img292.imageshack.us/img292/1662/dumpperswf2.th.jpg*img91.imageshack.us/img91/5535/dumpfronthm4.th.jpg*img148.imageshack.us/img148/1849/dumpbackue1.th.jpg

And here's the UV unwrap:
*img136.imageshack.us/img136/7972/blackmanuvunwrappc2.th.png

And here's the final render after UV mapping:
*img58.imageshack.us/img58/7956/finalrender2wf7.th.jpg

If you have anything to say or express your opinion on this project, feel free to comment and critique.

Last edited:
OP
kaustav_geek

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
Err.... No man... I'm a blender beginner.... Hasn't been more than a week or so of serious attachment with it.....

Heck! Why don't other people comment as well?? Is it not worthy of even a few seconds from them?

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Modeling is going good, but nowhere close to how the reference looks like.

Texturing is bad, there are no bump maps, no displacement maps for skin. Skin shader looks like a colour.

Do you use 3Ds Max? port this model to that or Maya & refine there.

blackpearl

The Devil
Great modelling dude, considering you are not a professional.

Btw, have you seen the great Indian animated movie "Hanuman"? Even I can do better modelling and animation than that.

OP
kaustav_geek

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
gx_saurav said:
Modeling is going good, but nowhere close to how the reference looks like.

Texturing is bad, there are no bump maps, no displacement maps for skin. Skin shader looks like a colour.

Do you use 3Ds Max? port this model to that or Maya & refine there.

Heh.. I know dude.. If you check my blog, you'll know that I've confessed that the model looks nowehere similar to the ref.. In fact.... I posted the reference to be fair on myself and not dupe you guys.

I feel the texturing is good. I haven't applied the Bump maps and displacement maps as the UV unwrap is stretched, hence the bump/dislpacement maps look awful. This only my first ever attempt.
As for refining it, Blender is more than capable.

Given the fact that I have learned all of it on my own and modeled a head within 3 days, prior to which my Blender knowledge was next to nothing, I'm happy with the results so far.

Saurav.... Can u show me some of your UV mapped Creations ?

blackpearl said:
Great modelling dude, considering you are not a professional.

Btw, have you seen the great Indian animated movie "Hanuman"? Even I can do better modelling and animation than that.

Yeah, its really lame.

Last edited:

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
Great Work!! :)
I too started using Blender on your advice... Still in the beginner stage though... There is a Blender Tutorial at wikibooks.org, i am taking reference from there...

OP
kaustav_geek

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
Dude.... I'm also in a nascent stage.... Blender is really growing... The plethora of tools and options it provides now ,is tremendous for an OSS.

The Blender wiki(not wikibooks.org) has a great manual... Go through it after you're comfortable with its interface.... Study others' work and observe the methodology. Learn as many techniques as you can, to do a particular thing.

Kudos..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom