32 bit Softwares on 64 bit os

Status
Not open for further replies.

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
Hi guys
Can anyone tell me is there any issue when i try to run 32 bit softwares on a 64 bit os ? I have no clue which softwares in particular am i gonna need to use, as they would be provided by the college in a few months. So in general is there any specific way of running 32bit softwares on a 64bit os? Or else i know i can always run a parallel os ( 32bit one) so that i can use all the softwares there and keep my 64bit os for rest of my purposes .
Thanks in advance....

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
I am using windows 7 64 bit and before this I used windows vista 64 bit sp2. The 32bit softwares that I use is uTorrent, asus xonar drivers, BOINC, audacity, office, msn, gtalk, yahoo, wifi drivers and firefox. I never had any issue with it nor I needed to disable UAC, disable driver signing or change the compatibility mode. The only "bump" on the road was with peer guardian 2 but got it resolved by running as administrator and this problem was on windows 7 without the service packs.

Other than this, if anyone has any problem, I don't think disabling UAC and/or driver signing will barely be an issue or hassle. I haven't used windows xp 64 bit, but people I know are content with windows xp 64 bit in service pack 2. I believe that 32bit compatibility on 64bit OS is overexaggerated upto a certain extent.

OP
codename_romeo

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
Okie. If we can run 32bit softwares on 64bit os, then i guess shouldnt be unsolvable for most other problems.....
will post later with specific problems ( when i actually face them )

a_to_z123

asia://india/ka/bangalore
Yeah exactly...!!
32-bit S/W run perfectly on a 64-bit OS.. I've had no problem whatsoever till date on XP, Vista as well as 7! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom