32-Bit or 64-Bit ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@desiibond: Zotac GTX260 for 9.5k??? Is it better than HD4870 ?

AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE is @13.3k > core i-5 @10.5k
so which is superb in performance Phenom or core-i5

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
1. If RAM >= 4 GB : 64 BIT OS
2. If RAM < 4GB : 32 BIT OS

All 32BIT applications run seamlessly on the 64BIT OS, via WoW (windows on windows) subsystem. All the M$ 64BIT OS's have WoW.

Only constraint is, your processor should support 64BIT instructions. I am using XP 64BIT, past 8-9 months...absolutely no issues. Only problem I faced was that I could not find drivers for Sony Cybershot.

no buddy 64bit is nothing to do with 4GB ram

64bit proc means 64bit registers are used in the processor
64bit OS is OS capable of using full capability of these registers but in 32bit OS only 32bit powwer of proc is exploited

and the amount of ram that can be addressed depends on no of address lines in proci

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
yep. Phenom II X4 955BE is at 9.1k afaik.

and I always trusted GTX260 more than HD4870. Thanks to PhysX, GTX260 is better VFM.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
I installed 64 bit and half of my applications wouldn't work. So went back to 32bit.

But recently I read somewhere that Windows 7(pro, ultimate versions) has some XP emulation mode in which other applications can be installed and run!

Yet to try it.

p.s.- someone also suggested me *www.virtualbox.org/

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
^ Yes. Windows 7 Professional, Ultimate and Enterprise editions can be run on Windows XP mode after installing Windows Virtual PC. That is one reason, I am going in for the Ultimate.

See here .

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I installed 64 bit and half of my applications wouldn't work. So went back to 32bit.

Hello guys,what this person is telling...:shock:
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
and I always trusted GTX260 more than HD4870. Thanks to PhysX, GTX260 is better VFM.

:shock: then y u buyed HD4770 then....i mean performance not trust....:p

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
I moved from XP 32bit to Win7 x64 recently. No probs at all. All apps work.
:shock: then y u buyed HD4770 then....i mean performance not trust....:p
GTX 260 and 4770 are not to be compared really. 4770 is the first 40nm card in the world, nowhere near the raw power of GTX260 or HD4870. But in Crossfire, 4770 beats GTX280 sometimes.

a_medico

Chillum Baba

What is it that you did not understand. I have few old softwares related to my job which the company has stopped upgrading. I cant do without them. They wouldnt install when I install 64 bit OS. They do work with 32 bit.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
no buddy 64bit is nothing to do with 4GB ram

64bit proc means 64bit registers are used in the processor
64bit OS is OS capable of using full capability of these registers but in 32bit OS only 32bit powwer of proc is exploited

and the amount of ram that can be addressed depends on no of address lines in proci

Yes it does....
If the user wants >4GB RAM to be realized by the OS, than a 64BIT OS is mandate. How else you think you will get the OS to recognize > 4GB RAM. So does it not become mandate that if > 4GB RAM is being used then a 64BIT OS is required.

If the user is using < 4GB then they can choose whichever flavor of OS they want.

Obviously the CPU must be compatible to run the kind of OS you want to run on it. What would happen if you take a 64BIT processor, mount a 32BIT OS, and install 6GB of RAM. How much RAM would the system see..? So is not the OS the deciding/limiting factor, for > 4 GB RAM..?

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
Yes it does....
If the user wants >4GB RAM to be realized by the OS, than a 64BIT OS is mandate. How else you think you will get the OS to recognize > 4GB RAM. So does it not become mandate that if > 4GB RAM is being used then a 64BIT OS is required.

If the user is using < 4GB then they can choose whichever flavor of OS they want.

Obviously the CPU must be compatible to run the kind of OS you want to run on it. What would happen if you take a 64BIT processor, mount a 32BIT OS, and install 6GB of RAM. How much RAM would the system see..? So is not the OS the deciding/limiting factor, for > 4 GB RAM..?

Brother i was saying about meaning of 64bit....and i was clarifying its meaning

i agree wat u say

64bit os ofc doent work on 32bit procss

wat i was sayin was u need not have only more than 4gb ram to use 64bit processor

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
Mainly the support would differ i think! If you check the website you would see that the DVD is tagged with the name of "India Only" or something. Don't know the exact significance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom