32-Bit Monitor Resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce_Wayne

Broken In
When i assembled pc 4 years ago, my monitor was having 32-bit colour depth in Display->Setting section. Then due to some reason my vendor formatted PC & Partitioned HDD. He then installed everything necessary, but since then monitor shows only 24-bit colour depth (max available).
My monitor is LG Studioworks 563N 15". I have Intel 810 motherboard, 40 GB Samsung HDD, Celeron 1.0GHz Processor, 256Mb SDRAM. I have 98 on c: & win XP with SP2 on d:
Please tell me solution.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@batman Install all the correct grafix drivers . Thats the reason Why ur getting only 24bit colors.

A

ASH_DSG

Do u have a Intel 810 or 815 chipset motherboard if yes then it will have only 24 bit color resolution u have to change ur motherboard or upgrade to a new pc like pentium 4 or install a new graphic card. I also had a cel 1.1 ghz. pro with intel 815 chipset mobo which had only 24-bit color, now I have a cel 2.53 ghz. and ati chipset mobo which has 32-bit color. All cpu of 2.0 ghz and above have motherboards of 32 bit color. I f ur mother supports 32 bit color than check ur monitor ok.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
I think 810/815 do support 32 bit monitor reso.... only thing that u hv 2 increase the dedicated VRAM (max 32 MB I think so) from BIOS to either to max or make it "auto" .... I think tht is the problem: the allocated VRAM has been set to 1 MB or less in the BIOS.

Or else, as Vicky already said, download the latest motherbord chipset/grafix drivers from its manufacturer web site and install them. Also download ur LG monitor drivers from:
*www.lge.com/support/software_gcsc.jsp

Just search for monitor drivers download and install!!!

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
to actually display 32 bit color, I think more VRAM is needed and if the allocated VRAM in BIOS is set to the min possible 512 KB, then obviously 32 bit color will not be displayed. I was thinking of tht possibility only !!!

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
Yeah, me and Batman r facing the same problem. I have a HP mx50 monitor and 82810(E) intel chipset. I remember that the PC supported 32 bit color depth in the beginning, but then when my AMC engineer formatted the HDD and partitioned it (when i installed XP).....it only shows 24 bit now :( .... and thats y i could not run FIFA Creation Center :sob,sob:..and lemme tell u that i have the latest drivers-for both the monitor and the chipset and my VRAM is 32 mb(max)
Any help???????

A

ASH_DSG

BUT I also have a Intel 810 chipset mobo and Intel had said that the 810 & 815 does not have 32 bit resolution. Try the monitor on some other P4 pc then see in display setting it will show 32-bit. No such thing that increasing vram will make Intel 810-815 32-bit resolution. if u increase ur ram it will remain same to 24-bit. Try ur monitor on a P4 pc. Only Win XP and Linux will show ur actual systems information.

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
ASH_DSG said:
BUT I also have a Intel 810 chipset mobo and Intel had said that the 810 & 815 does not have 32 bit resolution. Try the monitor on some other P4 pc then see in display setting it will show 32-bit. No such thing that increasing vram will make Intel 810-815 32-bit resolution. if u increase ur ram it will remain same to 24-bit. Try ur monitor on a P4 pc. Only Win XP and Linux will show ur actual systems information.
I had 32 bit resolution before my HDD was reformated and loaded with win XP.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
Now !! Now !! This is quite a surprise....on digging I get sum information abt 810 chipsets... YES THEY DO NOT SUPPORT 32 bit resolution ACCORDING TO INTEL WEBSITES.... but hey as far as I remember, they did. Well, memories can be wrong sumtimes.

Get full info here:
*support.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-003990.htm

Here is sum wat is listed on Intel official support website:
Symptom(s):

* The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind* game does not run
* Error: "Render Creation Error: Unsupported desktop resolution. Change windows resolution to True Color (32bit)"

Cause:
The game requires 32-bit color depth to run. The Intel® 828210 and 82815 graphics controllers support a maximum of 16-bit color depth for 3D accelerated video modes and 24-bit color depth for 2D video modes.

Solution:
This game requires features that are not currently implemented by the referenced graphics hardware. To determine which graphics features are implemented on a particular graphics platform, refer to the product datasheet on *developer.intel.com/

Relevant Information: Intel® 810 Chipset, Intel® 810E Chipset, Intel® 810E2 Chipset, Intel® 815 Chipset, Intel® 815E Chipset, Intel® 815EM Chipset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom