1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

32-Bit Monitor Resolution

Discussion in 'Hardware Q&A' started by Bruce_Wayne, Mar 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce_Wayne

Bruce_Wayne New Member

When i assembled pc 4 years ago, my monitor was having 32-bit colour depth in Display->Setting section. Then due to some reason my vendor formatted PC & Partitioned HDD. He then installed everything necessary, but since then monitor shows only 24-bit colour depth (max available).
    My monitor is LG Studioworks 563N 15". I have Intel 810 motherboard, 40 GB Samsung HDD, Celeron 1.0GHz Processor, 256Mb SDRAM. I have 98 on c: & win XP with SP2 on d:
    Please tell me solution.

2. ::vicky::

::vicky:: New Member

update all ur drivers chipset sound and display tis will help u

3. RCuber

RCuber The Mighty Unkel!!! Staff Member

@batman Install all the correct grafix drivers . Thats the reason Why ur getting only 24bit colors.

4. ASH_DSG

ASH_DSG Guest

Do u have a Intel 810 or 815 chipset motherboard if yes then it will have only 24 bit color resolution u have to change ur motherboard or upgrade to a new pc like pentium 4 or install a new graphic card. I also had a cel 1.1 ghz. pro with intel 815 chipset mobo which had only 24-bit color, now I have a cel 2.53 ghz. and ati chipset mobo which has 32-bit color. All cpu of 2.0 ghz and above have motherboards of 32 bit color. I f ur mother supports 32 bit color than check ur monitor ok.

5. rockthegod

rockthegod Dark Overlord !!!

I think 810/815 do support 32 bit monitor reso.... only thing that u hv 2 increase the dedicated VRAM (max 32 MB I think so) from BIOS to either to max or make it "auto" .... I think tht is the problem: the allocated VRAM has been set to 1 MB or less in the BIOS.

Or else, as Vicky already said, download the latest motherbord chipset/grafix drivers from its manufacturer web site and install them. Also download ur LG monitor drivers from:
    http://www.lge.com/support/software_gcsc.jsp

Just search for monitor drivers download and install!!!

6. ::vicky::

::vicky:: New Member

no sir the problem is only with the driver and ash_dsg 810 does supports 32 bit color

7. rockthegod

to actually display 32 bit color, I think more VRAM is needed and if the allocated VRAM in BIOS is set to the min possible 512 KB, then obviously 32 bit color will not be displayed. I was thinking of tht possibility only !!!

8. MysticHalo

MysticHalo Your Maker.

Yeah, me and Batman r facing the same problem. I have a HP mx50 monitor and 82810(E) intel chipset. I remember that the PC supported 32 bit color depth in the beginning, but then when my AMC engineer formatted the HDD and partitioned it (when i installed XP).....it only shows 24 bit now :( .... and thats y i could not run FIFA Creation Center :sob,sob:..and lemme tell u that i have the latest drivers-for both the monitor and the chipset and my VRAM is 32 mb(max)
    Any help???????

9. ASH_DSG

ASH_DSG Guest

BUT I also have a Intel 810 chipset mobo and Intel had said that the 810 & 815 does not have 32 bit resolution. Try the monitor on some other P4 pc then see in display setting it will show 32-bit. No such thing that increasing vram will make Intel 810-815 32-bit resolution. if u increase ur ram it will remain same to 24-bit. Try ur monitor on a P4 pc. Only Win XP and Linux will show ur actual systems information.

10. MysticHalo

MysticHalo Your Maker.

I had 32 bit resolution before my HDD was reformated and loaded with win XP.

11. rockthegod

Now !! Now !! This is quite a surprise....on digging I get sum information abt 810 chipsets... YES THEY DO NOT SUPPORT 32 bit resolution ACCORDING TO INTEL WEBSITES.... but hey as far as I remember, they did. Well, memories can be wrong sumtimes.

Get full info here:
    http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-003990.htm

Here is sum wat is listed on Intel official support website:

12. MysticHalo

MysticHalo Your Maker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.