2GB DDR3 RAM for PC

I want to buy a 2GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM. Following RAMs are available in my city:
- Dynet @ 1.2k
- Transcend @ 1.6k

Is transcend worth 0.4k more ? Will there be any problem with Dynet ?

vwad

In the zone
Both brands are so-so and only to be used if you have no other option at all. Are you comfortable buying online ? and how much is the budget you have kept for this ?

Cilus

laborare est orare
Get the Transcend ram, they are not bad at all. I have used one with my previous PC for 1 years and overclocked it 1600 MHz without a single issue. The person whom I've sold the old rig is using it with 1600 MHz speed.
Just make sure one thing...availability of the service center in your locality.

saswat23

Human Spambot
No online option. Kingston not available & corsair is @ 2.3k

you mean, 2.3k for Corsair 4GB DDR3. Then grab it.
BTW from which place ar you. Aditya Infotech are Corsair distributers in India. Google and go to their site, search for you place and contact them so that they can help you get corsair RAM at good price.

But if not Corsair and Kingston then the next best choice is Zion.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Transcends are the choice if Corsair or Kingston is not available. Zion rams are infamous to have compatibility issue with ram modules from other brands and very hard to overclock.

saswat23

Human Spambot
But if opting for transcend, then make sure of the service centres coz they have very slow service. Vickybat got his Transcend RAM modules after around 2 months or so.

OP
omega44-xt

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
2.3k is for Corsair 2GB which is highly priced as i bought my Hynix 2GB DDR3 @ 2.5k 1 year ago.

Finally i bought another Hynix 2GB RAM @ 1.2k. There r no good service centres here in Port Blair:sad:. Major issues will be sent to chennai. Moreover i have more information:smile: than the service personnels here. Computer servicing here is really very bad.

I have total 4 RAM slots(2x blue & 2x black). I've put my RAMs in blue slots named Channel A DIMM 0 & Channel B DIMM 0. Did i put them right ? My OS shows that only 3.86 GB of RAM is usable(using 64 bit OS). Why? Where did remaining 0.14 GB go? Earlier it was showing 2GB only & no usable amount.

Top Bottom