2G on iPad 2/3

aaruni

The Linux Guy
Hey guys, i am planning to buy an ipad 2/3. But the shopkeeper at Reliance Digital told me that it won't be compatible with 2G, and 3G is not available everywhere. Please help

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Wow man... If 3G isn't available in every part of Bangalore, then I wonder where it would be available :S

But isn't technically, 3G should be available where 2G is? Since both of them is provided by same source, which is the network operator, that is Airtel or idea etc.

aroraanant

Explorer
But isn't technically, 3G should be available where 2G is? Since both of them is provided by same source, which is the network operator, that is Airtel or idea etc.

No, it is not like that where 2G is available 3G should be available.It doesn't depend that if Airtel is providing 3G in some part of the country(some city) then it will provide then in other parts of the country also.
Technically the working of both is totally different

OP
aaruni

aaruni

The Linux Guy
my dad will probably use the ipad for his work also. he travels all around the country and sometimes even abroad. he will be using it for giving presentations(project management). but he feels that it is of no use if there is no connectivity.

red dragon

Master troll
yup it wont wid 2g coz band frequency that ipad is compatible wid r of 3g
Absolutely wrong!
Ipad 2 works fine with 2G,but in ios 5.0.1 the 2G/3G toggle is missing.
I have used mine with a Vodafone and BSNL sim,it simply falls back on EDGE where 3G is not available.

red dragon

Master troll
^^Did not get you,mate!
If you are not subscribed to 3G(like I do not have it on Vodafone)EDGE works fine.

red dragon

Master troll
The 2G/3G TOGGLE is missing(but data on/off option is obviously present),the ipad simply connects to 3G if available,falls back on EDGE if 3G is unavailable.
This is very simple actually.

OP
aaruni

aaruni

The Linux Guy
So, i can connect with EDGE if 3g is not available? Is it available everywhere in India? Is it fast/efficient?

Top Bottom