256 to 512 for FREE!!!!!!!! BSNL

mosestheman

Broken In
hey anybody having this ROCKING problem...my bsnl BB started giving me 512 kbps ......instead o5 256 ......mine is 750UL plane suddenly my pc started givin 512.....:smile::smile::smile:

alizeeshan_payne

Right off the assembly line
hey i get normal speed in IDM of 50-60 Kbps which i was not getting in last month, this happend with me this month only, i got scared that BSNL automatically changed my plan to 500C.

Below is my speed test record for my Home UL 750+ Please some check

*www.speedtest.net/result/778713265.png

Does anyone else experienced this?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Yup, The BSNL doubled the bandwidth of all UL users.

Here's a speedtest screenshot of my UL 750+ (After the bandwidth got increased)
*www.speedtest.net/result/775994807.png

Downloading at 60KB/s now....!!:) But the pages open slower, streaming videos and musics got slower too :-(

This a promotional offer from BSNL and will last till 26th April '10

*www.indiainfoline.com/Markets/News...gs-for-its-new-broadband-customers/4804840579

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
its i think limited to some time...jus a business strategy to gain consumer...sad that its in loss...hope it recovers...hail bsnl

syrez

Broken In
BSNL need to be privatised and it's top management tier needs to be fired without pension and benefits. What's the use of a promotional scheme when virtually all the subscribers are absolutely unaware of it..forget about non-subscribers.. The first thing I did after noticing the extra BW was to check the BSNL site.

No advertisements were published in local hindi/english newspapers!! and the SDO tech doesn't know what wi-max is or when it will be available in ranchi and kept suggesting me to get a 3G connection which doesn't even work in town, forget about rural area where I stay. Yes, also, the stupid exchange switches off everytime there's a powercut in our village.

BSNL need to be privatised and it's top management tier needs to be fired without pension and benefits. What's the use of a promotional scheme when virtually all the subscribers are absolutely unaware of it..forget about non-subscribers.. The first thing I did after noticing the extra BW was to check the BSNL site.

Well its a Govt sector. Things will remain messy out there. The paper work in india makes things impossible. Btw, BSNL in ambala too didnt gave any info on the scheme , no banners , no nothing . They should learn to use media for advertisement to get a good hold over market. They need to improve a lot. They should first learn howto manage dsl connections properly and then move to 3g. Dsl to chalte ni, 3g chalane nikle :D

busyanuj

In the zone
Is it confirmed that the speed bump will last only till April 26th? (any source or link that you can possibly share)

I too was pleasantly surprised to see the spiked speed (512kbps) on my 256kbps UL 750 Plus bband plan.

pauldmps

Banned

No advertisements were published in local hindi/english newspapers!! and the SDO tech doesn't know what wi-max is or when it will be available in ranchi and kept suggesting me to get a 3G connection which doesn't even work in town, forget about rural area where I stay. Yes, also, the stupid exchange switches off everytime there's a powercut in our village.

BSNL is probably worst in Jharkhand than in rest of India. Believe me, I live here.

syrez

Broken In
celldweller1591 & paul, I so totally agree..by the way.the fun is over as of yesterday night. Back to 30Kps :| I could manage a total 12 days 4 hours connectivity and could download approx 45.5 GB data. what about you guys?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
I'm still getting the 512kbps. BTW it's going to over on 26th April

See this : *www.indiainfoline.com/Markets/News...gs-for-its-new-broadband-customers/4804840579

Rockstar11

Technomancer
BSNL Promotional scheme to offer double Bandwidth Speed from the existing bandwidth Speed for Certain Home and Rural Unlimited Plans for a limited period upto 30.04.2010

btw MTNL provides 512 Kbps Unlimited - Rs.599/- :(

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Back to 256kbps again...!! :-(

With a slowdown
NEW DELHI: The disruption in the SEA-ME-WE 4 undersea submarine cable system, which links South East Asia and Europe, is likely to affect the high-speed Internet services in the country.

The South East Asia-Middle East-West Europe 4 (SEA-ME-WE 4) project links the two regions via the Indian sub-continent and the Middle East. The project is run by a consortium of 16 international telecom companies, including Indian majors Bharti Airtel and Tata Communications.

According to sources, the disruption in the undersea cable network near Italy is likely to hit the broadband connections in India.

Maintenance of the undersea cables will be carried out for the next four days, which may cause some disruption in services.

However, the companies have taken various steps to minimise the impact, sources said.

Going by the project's official website, the undersea cable system has terminal stations in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Bangladesh, India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Italy, Tunisia, Algeria and France.

"The project aims to take these regions to the forefront of global communication by significantly increasing the bandwidth and global connectivity of users along its route between Singapore and France," the website said.

*economictimes.indiatimes.com/infot...net-service-in-India-/articleshow/5855874.cms

vaithy

In the zone
You guys are now wondering what the BSNL upto... the orders for increasing speed for the three Unlimited plans(Home) now being confirmed.(if the websites of bsnl units are not updated I'll post the copy here)

Both Home Unlimited 750 and Home combo UL750 has upgraded to 512 kbps speed . BB Home combo Unlimited 1350 plan has now increased the speed 2 mbps upto 15GB (DL/UL)then reduced speed beyond 15 GB at 512 kbps and changed the plan name as BB HOME COMBO ULF 1350
No name change forBB HOME 750 Unlimited as there is no fair usuage..

with regards,
vaithy

Top Bottom