24X7 download box info

amjath

Human Spambot
Hi,
I came across this thread this morning.

Well since I'm a noob, his question surprised me :shock: I have been thinking of such a replacement for my active torrent downloads. Cause I cannot run my gaming PC 24*7 due to schedule power cut in my place and heat from pc which makes my room hot.

So my question is I have a wireless modem from BSNL if I buy any of this router and connect a USB drive/harddisk to download movies Can I download it directly. And please do explain me how does it work and what should I do?

Last edited:

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
Re: Enlighten me with knowledge

Modify the thread title to something that describes your post.. follow the forum rules :-?

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin

no need to download anything
you can watch things directly online
its called streaming
there is a chat box in the side where you get to totally make realtime fun of the movie
find these, and forget about downloading, your active torrent downloads will be replaced! it just stains your IP and your hard drive

OP
amjath

amjath

Human Spambot

Modify the thread title to something that describes your post.. follow the forum rules :-?
oops sorry about that dude, and BTW How to edit the thread title :D

no need to download anything
you can watch things directly online
its called streaming
there is a chat box in the side where you get to totally make realtime fun of the movie
find these, and forget about downloading, your active torrent downloads will be replaced! it just stains your IP and your hard drive

Dude I know what streaming is. I Download full bluray movies [Currently downloading transformers trilogy 109GB :D] so it takes lot of time. so now tell me how it actually works. I mean when power cut happens and comes back will the torrent resumes etc..

And one more I go to office @ 7 in the morning and reach home by 8 :( FYI, I have no other way Dude

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member

first off.. all torrents support resume, thats one of the main features of BitTorrents

there are different methods to download torrents without a PC..
Many companies are releasing routers with BitTorrents support now.
also there are Media Players through which you can download BitTorrents as well as watch movies on your TV. Cheap ones are available too

also check *remote.utorrent.com/ .. one can use a phone to control utorrent client at their home :)

OP
amjath

amjath

Human Spambot

first off.. all torrents support resume, thats one of the main features of BitTorrents

there are different methods to download torrents without a PC..
Many companies are releasing routers with BitTorrents support now.
also there are Media Players through which you can download BitTorrents as well as watch movies on your TV. Cheap ones are available too

also check *remote.utorrent.com/ .. one can use a phone to control utorrent client at their home :)
Dude I'm using that on my Android. But issue is power cut and I cannot turn on PC after that. Hope u say my office timings :-(

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member

Dude I'm using that on my Android. But issue is power cut and I cannot turn on PC after that. Hope u say my office timings :-(
Most latest BIOS has feature to turn the PC on after power come back :p , my 8 year old PC has that feature.. :lol:

OP
amjath

amjath

Human Spambot

Most latest BIOS has feature to turn the PC on after power come back :p , my 8 year old PC has that feature.. :lol:

See told ya i'm a noob.
what about UPS :p suggest me some thing and power wastage

OP
amjath

amjath

Human Spambot

I read somewhere about getting caught to ISP's for piracy/torrenting. So I better use my old pentium 4 PC for downloading :/ @ night for torrenting.
@Mods: Close the thread

Top Bottom