22" inch monitor query .

Status
Not open for further replies.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@Ronnie11, my pick would be Palit GTS250 for 7k-7.5k if you want FullHD gaming + playback.

8400GS is card for hometheatre setup where it can easily drive a fullHD movie but not gaming at FullHD.

shoaib89

Right off the assembly line
Sorry for posting my query here as i cant create threads.

My CRT just got screwed and i need an LCD soon. This will be used with my old comp till I can get a new comp (waiting for ATI 785 boards). Now my current comp is an INTEL 845 board with onboard graphics and the new LCD should work with it for the next 3 weeks or so. Budget is about 7.5k (max stretchable to 8k) and I think 19 and 20 inch LCDs fall under this budget. Also note that I am planning to put atleast a 4850 card in my new comp.

So basically suggest an LCD priced <8000 which would work with my current system (845 based onboard card) and also a new system ( HD4850 , phenom 550, ddr3) . Please include the approx price at SP road bangalore. Thanks :smile:

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
@Ronnie11, my pick would be Palit GTS250 for 7k-7.5k if you want FullHD gaming + playback.

8400GS is card for hometheatre setup where it can easily drive a fullHD movie but not gaming at FullHD.

Thanks but its a DDRIII card isn't it??so my computer won't support it then...

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Thanks but its a DDRIII card isn't it??so my computer won't support it then...

This post seriously needs to be mentioned in "dumbest things thread"!!!

Ronnie, DDR3 card means that the RAM that is on the card is GDDR3 and doesn't fcuking care about what kind of RAM your PC has. Understand?????

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
This post seriously needs to be mentioned in "dumbest things thread"!!!

Ronnie, DDR3 card means that the RAM that is on the card is GDDR3 and doesn't fcuking care about what kind of RAM your PC has. Understand?????

Lol..dude i meant GDDR3..am sry about it...i wasn't talking about the ram..mine is 2gbddr2 ram...the quesry i had was what is with the DDR3 written...wasn't familiar with DDR3 stuff on graphics card..am familiar with RAMS man...Sry again...

PalitGTS 250512 MB DDR37375

acewin

Point Blanc
:D, thats scary desiboy getting angry, seems why the songs were written like of in Don, sure there will be like those in Bangalore too geeZ.
@shoaib, too bad your display got kaput, buying samsung 2033SW is very good option very good budget monitor, 845 chipset will do good, but playing movies with high res will be trouble, normal DVDrips will be ok, will take CPU load but then wont suggest to buy a bad low end GPU when u are already planning for big thing..

anyhow once you have bought you can tell us what was the experience,

@ronnie, the suggestions for such upgrades is based on the current config, and you never told what you have got currently. for systems like P4 and even pentium D, max upgrade suggestion will be HD4670. for dual cores likes of 2xxx max to 9600GT, and from E5200, more better gfx card.
remember if gfx card is high end and proccy sucks it wont be able to handle your gpu cycles.

shoaib89

Right off the assembly line
:D, thats scary desiboy getting angry, seems why the songs were written like of in Don, sure there will be like those in Bangalore too geeZ.
@shoaib, too bad your display got kaput, buying samsung 2033SW is very good option very good budget monitor, 845 chipset will do good, but playing movies with high res will be trouble, normal DVDrips will be ok, will take CPU load but then wont suggest to buy a bad low end GPU when u are already planning for big thing..

Sure. Thanks for the suggestions. Will be buying it today or tomorrow and i will let you know how it goes. Its only a short term thing for my current comp so lets see.

emmarbee

Journeyman
This is the first time I've seen desiji talking like this. What happened bhai?

And acewin, can my D930 processor handle the CPU cycles of 9600GT? if I upgrade my proc. can I see few more performance increase from my GPU?

@ronnie, the suggestions for such upgrades is based on the current config, and you never told what you have got currently. for systems like P4 and even pentium D, max upgrade suggestion will be HD4670. for dual cores likes of 2xxx max to 9600GT, and from E5200, more better gfx card.
remember if gfx card is high end and proccy sucks it wont be able to handle your gpu cycles.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
whats the current price of Dell E228WFP and E2208WFP? are these the best 22" monitors available? Main purpose - HD content.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
2209WA also is a matte screen I think and is good option.

Also check Samsung's new Lavender series FullHD LCD's. They look absolutely stunning.

Ankit

Journeyman
and all those who want to watch PC on their LCD's, I recommend them External TV Tuner Box by AverMedia.
AVERTV Box genie (075) supports resolution up to 1680 X 1050. (4:3, 16:9 and 16: 10 support, max. 16:9 support at 1360 X 768), PIP and adaptive de interlace. cost around 2000/-

AVERTV Box W7 lite ( 097) supports resolution up to 1920 X 1200. (4:3, 16:9 and 16: 10 support, max. 16:9 support at 1600 X 900, 16:10 @ 1920 X 1200)), PIP and adaptive de interlace. cost around 3200/-

emmarbee

Journeyman
^^ If you are living in India, you might have to opt for a 24" mointor and tv tuner card.
Once we started getting HD reception, you can opt for LCD tv!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom