20k - Whats the best deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

geekyme

Broken In
Hello friends.

I am here in the forum after a real long time.
Well, I need some help from you guys yet again.

I am planning to buy a cell in the 20k budget.
I prefer having a good camera (5 mp) and decent music. Symbian platform and good looks would be an added bonus.

I've shortlisted N82 Black and C902.
Though, c902 looks excellent, it lacks symbian and has a tiny screen.
Now I am really confused.

Please tell me what would be a good option to buy.
Also, what are the other recommended phones in my budget?

Your help will be greatly appreciated,
Thanks in advance.

OP
G

geekyme

Broken In
^^^ How long will it take n79 to hit the market?
And can you please tell me the advantage of n79 over n82 ??

OP
G

geekyme

Broken In
Xenon flash is not very important to me. So, I can do without it.
The overall phone is my main priority.

I read about N79 and liked it. But I have a few doubts.
1> When will it hit the markets?
2> Is it available in Black?
3> What are the advantages/disadvantages of N79 over N82?

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Get the C902 black.the best lookin phone in the market.It alsosounds bette than most 5 mp phones in the market now and will suit your needs.Else, get the N82/n79

Coool

I'm Back!:D
advantages of N79 over N82:

better battery: Li-Ion 1200 VS Li-Ion 1050,
Symbian OS 9.3 with feature pack 2 VS Symbian OS 9.2 with feature pack 1,
N79 is more stylish than n82,
n 79 lacks xenon flash. if xenon flash is not important for u, i think u should go for n79..

n79 is available in black colour:
*www.mobilmania.cz/uploadedfiles/48628744.jpg
*www.mobilmania.cz/uploadedfiles/53585114.jpg

I think it will hit the market with in 1 month..[donno exactly]..

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
^^ That's not black. It is dark blue. And that's only for the rear cover. You can put different colour panels at the back. But the front panel will remain either white or grey.

IMO N79 is better than N82. But it is not yet available and there isn't a clear idea about the price. It should be here before year end though. If you must buy now then get the N82. Or if you are willing to wait then get the N79.

Apart from these if you want a slim and small phone, then there is the SE C902. Or if you want a phone with a good 5mp camera and excellent sound quality then get the Motorola ZN5 for 16k.

Coool

I'm Back!:D
^^ And that's only for the rear cover. You can put different colour panels at the back. But the front panel will remain either white or grey.

don't know about that..tanx..

will nokia provide the different colour panels with the pack?

There is no doubt c902 looks very smart. It's a latest and best in camera while n82 is good stuff regarding all the symbian features like wifi technology, Gps function which make the phone different from others. camera is similar in both 5mp. You can comapre, get detail on *www.blueunplugged.com/c.aspx?c=39977
Hope this help.

Last edited:

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
n82 is the best in cam .. c902 is nowhere near it .. for 20k .. n82 is the way to go .. even n79 cant match n82 ...

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
If yu can get over the looks of the C902, get the N82. The C902 has an equally good cam(maybe a bit worse) and has better sound quality.

OP
G

geekyme

Broken In
I went to Nokia Priority today.
They don't have any idea about N79.

Also, the N82 Black looked good enough.
I have been waiting for 2 months to get my cell.
So, is it worth to wait for another month for N79?

Secondly, I believe there will be a price fall in N82 soon, when N79 launches. Won't N82 be an even better buy then? (In that case, I sincerely hope that N79 gets launched very very soon) !!!

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
You can wait a bit..add a couple of thousand more and get the C905.It went through a price slash and will be avialable for 22k unless its a limited offer thingy.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
don't know about that..tanx..

will nokia provide the different colour panels with the pack?

Yes. Three different colour covers will be provided with the phone. And the best part is that each of these covers have a special chip embedded in them which changes the theme of the phone according to the colour of the cover. So if you put on a green cover on the N79, the theme of the phone will change to a green coloured one, if you put the red, theme will change to red colour, etc. :)

OP
G

geekyme

Broken In
You can wait a bit..add a couple of thousand more and get the C905.It went through a price slash and will be avialable for 22k unless its a limited offer thingy.
C905 for 22k? Hmm ... sounds tempting.
But, why don't I see this phone in themobilestore.in ??

Most probably, I'll go for N82 Black.
Reason:
C902 has a tiny screen. So, I am not going to go for it.
N79 is not yet launched. Besides, I don't find any major difference in N82 and N79 except for that changing cover thing. Honestly, I was not very impressed with the concept and I like phones in Black. So, N82 suits me here.

In case there is any other phone, I'll surely consider it. I still have a couple of days before I buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom