clmlbx

Technomancer
Hi,

current spec:

c2d 1.8ghz, Intl D946GZIS MB, 4gb DDR2 RAM , 5450 GPU

Now I am looking forward to upgrade my pc, so need advice from you all guys, Please Help me decide what is best within my budget

Things I wish to upgrade:

Processor (Only Intel)
Motherboard
Ram: DDR3 Prefered 8Gb but minimum 4Gb
PSU : as required for medium Range GPU.. strictly for work purpose No Gaming

Budget : 20K Max but do mention any good purchase.

can purchase online, but first would prefer locally,

Purpose: Work Related to graphics,(apps Like Photoshop, Complete Adobe Suit)

I also have one query for processor, Is i3 enough or I should go for i5, My office comp has i3 and it runs all apps pretty smoothly, or should I go for i5 for future proof..

Motherboard: with at least USB 3 ,as better features as possible.

Most probably planning to purchase this Diwali.

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
You mean Asus b85m-g correct?

can you also tell exact/around prices of those components and also any i3 config

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
You mean Asus b85m-g correct?

can you also tell exact/around prices of those components and also any i3 config

yes;-)

why do you want an i3 when you can get i5?

price should be roughly ,
i5-4430 - 12.6k(smcinternational)
Asus B85-G(6.4k)
G.skill ripjawsX 4GB(2.7k)
Antec VP450p(2.6k-2.9k)

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
Just wondering about i3 as it would be little cheaper and I am using it in my office which runs every app very smoothly.. Plus configuration you gave exceeds my budget.... So just had a thought..

Cilus

laborare est orare
Core i3 is pretty much underpowered to handle Aodbe suits. Intel also disables Turbo Boost, AES support in their i3 processors which make things even worse for handling demanding applications. For your purpose, an FX-8350/FX-8320 based config would have been perfect but since you want only Intel, i5 4430 should be the minimum you should go with.

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
out of curiosity how much is FX8350/FX-8320 cost?

I have run apps on both AMD and Intel,But I have felt performance wise Intel wins the Battle, specially with Graphics & CG Apps.(Adobe & Autodesk)

so cilus do you recommend same config or you have some different config recommendation.

and also any alternate to Antec, say corsair model as I fear, Antec won't be available locally

ankush28

Bazinga
out of curiosity how much is FX8350/FX-8320 cost?

I have run apps on both AMD and Intel,But I have felt performance wise Intel wins the Battle, specially with Graphics & CG Apps.(Adobe & Autodesk)

so cilus do you recommend same config or you have some different config recommendation.

and also any alternate to Antec, say corsair model as I fear, Antec won't be available locally

>there is nothing like that!! amd is also good
>fx 8350~12.4k, fx 8320~10.3k
>in that budget only one corsair psu is there CX430v2 which can compete, but it has lots of complaint now a days, btw antec is very good brand (oem by fsp, correct me if i am wrong)

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
Well I believed that so i purchased my last configuration amd.. See my signature for that config.. But I felt lag in performance comparing to Intel.

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
Spec wise I guess amd will be much better choice... Will give a thought about it.. Plus I can have everything within my budget of 20k

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
Meanwhile please give me amd config too.. With 8gb ram..

Even in Intel what if I choose Kingston ram as I belive I will have 8gb ram in that 4gb price..

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
Buddy, your Athlon II X4 635 (less than 5K) is the budget quad core which used to compete with Intel Core2Quad 8000 series processors and had beaten them soundly. If you compare them with 2nd or 3rd Gen i3 processors which cost almost twice than that Athlon II then I don't think it is fair comparision. In US, AThlon II 640 is still available and it has replaced all the Intel Dual Core Pentium processors, even in gaming. Check the Tomshardware recommended CPU chart where they have included this old gen processor due to the multi-threaded nature of recent games.

However, here is your AMD configs:-

AMD FX-8320 @ 10.3K
Asus M5A97 R2.0 @ 7K
Kingston HyperX Blue 4GB X 2 1600 MHz DDR3 (KHX1600C9D3B1K2/8GX) @ 4.7K (Kingston HyperX DDR3 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) PC RAM (KHX1600C9D3B1K2/8GX) - Kingston: Flipkart.com)

Total: 22K

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
Buddy, your Athlon II X4 635 (less than 5K) is the budget quad core which used to compete with Intel Core2Quad 8000 series processors and had beaten them soundly. If you compare them with 2nd or 3rd Gen i3 processors which cost almost twice than that Athlon II then I don't think it is fair comparision. In US, AThlon II 640 is still available and it has replaced all the Intel Dual Core Pentium processors, even in gaming. Check the Tomshardware recommended CPU chart where they have included this old gen processor due to the multi-threaded nature of recent games.

However, here is your AMD configs:-

AMD FX-8320 @ 10.3K
Asus M5A97 R2.0 @ 7K
Kingston HyperX Blue 4GB X 2 1600 MHz DDR3 (KHX1600C9D3B1K2/8GX) @ 4.7K (Kingston HyperX DDR3 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) PC RAM (KHX1600C9D3B1K2/8GX) - Kingston: Flipkart.com)

Total: 22K

I did not compare my that rig with I3,I5 But I did with my friends PC Intel c2d or quad I don't remember , and I did notice difference. Anyway not to talk about past .. I gave a thought/researched about AMD Build but I finally Decided to go for Intel .

Pros for Intel I5 4430 comparing to FX8350 according to Benchmarks:

40% Faster with Single Threaded Apps
Integrated GPU
Photoshop Performs Better on I5 4430 comparing to FX 8350 (Benchmarks)
For Other apps which might utilize all 8 cores like Video Editing, According to ratio of Apps I use Most Quad core will be enough.. (little sacrificing for 40% better performance in single threaded apps(everyday apps)) as I5 is not far behind.

I guess I will go with

I5 4430
Asus B85M-G
RipJawX 4Gb
ANtec VP450P

Only problem is Price.. Online prices are too high according to it it will easily touch 25K.. hopefully I get better price Locally.. will go for Enquiry Next Week

Last edited:
Top Bottom