2014 - New TDF Suggestions

Should we switch the way posts are displayed for mobile users?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
[post=2084172]Re: 2014 - New TDF Suggestions[/post]

Damn, in Mentions on the profile page BB code doesn't work for some reason :(

free mod, maybe the paid version will have the ability to customise it and remove the mentions. Let's try this for a while and see first.

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Is it set that only Administrators can start a topic around here? I do not see a new thread button anywhere.

Can we have a website discussion section please. Where all issues about this website itself could be discussed.

-------------

Reason why I had to post this was:

I got the latest Top 10 (Vol 14 Issue 03) of Digit magazine today. There are a lot of shortened links in the text such as www.dgit.in/suvrev, but in my PC all of them throw out 404 error.
I also tried using some webproxies and they too seem to be encountering the same error.

Is it only me or is www.dgit.in down?
[MENTION=74291]staticsid[/MENTION] [MENTION=4909]Apollo[/MENTION] [MENTION=20658]r4gs[/MENTION] [MENTION=276778]tamatarpakoda[/MENTION] please check on this dgit.in error.

OK removed that stupid thread tag thing. Just mentions and quotes for now, unless people really must have the ability to tag other users in threads. I can only see misuse there.

Dark theme needs some more work yes. More critical things for now, but eventually it will happen. For now it's just for those who cribbed about it hurting their eyes at night...

Last edited:
OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
its been like that for ages now. something broke when upgrading. [MENTION=26711]ico[/MENTION] any ideas?

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Great work with the tagging!!

Cheers!

- - - Updated - - -

oh and Post Quote notifications too!

Nice!!

Make including at least one tag necessary when creating a new thread. This will increase probability of thread appearing in search engine results.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
its been like that for ages now. something broke when upgrading. [MENTION=26711]ico[/MENTION] any ideas?

ya its actually good i dnt have to login to every comp i use and i could even skip the ads that way.........

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=149723]gta0gagan[/MENTION] testing ........

- - - Updated - - -

wow it really works.........

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
the text boxes need some highlighting, or maybe just a tad lighter background to separate them from the surroundings..

while uploading from tapatalk, the images are uploaded as attachments.. will be better if they can be uploaded within IMG tags..

r4gs

In the zone
[MENTION=74291]staticsid[/MENTION] [MENTION=4909]Apollo[/MENTION] [MENTION=20658]r4gs[/MENTION] [MENTION=276778]tamatarpakoda[/MENTION] please check on this dgit.in error.

OK removed that stupid thread tag thing. Just mentions and quotes for now, unless people really must have the ability to tag other users in threads. I can only see misuse there.

Dark theme needs some more work yes. More critical things for now, but eventually it will happen. For now it's just for those who cribbed about it hurting their eyes at night...

You mean *dgit.in/suvrev

No www
Doesn't work that way. :)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Back in vB 3.8.x days I was using if-else in one template to hide menus for guests. I also did it for this "Neo TDF Guests" as well. It got overridden during some update.

But forum members themselves are not really aware of the way to change theme. Don't think it is an issue.

I've fixed it anyway. :) Guests won't get the option to change theme now.

Code:
<vb:if condition="!is_member_of($vbulletin->userinfo, 1)">

</vb:if>

gameranand

Living to Play
Yeah, what the hell is this "mentioned in". Its confusing, get rid of it. Its OK that now we can mention someone in the post and they will be notified but no need for showing mentions with every post.
What the hell is the use of me about how many times a person has been mentioned in posts. Whats the use of that ??

Status
Not open for further replies.