2012 - Can Nokia Win The Smartphone Wars ?

GERMZ

Banned
I have been reading on some of the new technologies implemented in mobiles this year and i think 2012 will be very interesting in terms of the kind of stuff our phones will be able to do.

Above all after using Windows Phone , i feel that Nokia has a solid chance of making a comeback. It is very nice OS. Fluid animations , good performance. Now just needs a Nokia touch with great hardware , battery life and camera performance.

Ofcourse we cannot forget Android and with Ice Cream Sandwich they also make some good innovations but Nokia has already started making comeback in low-mid end phones with Belle smartphones..

NFC will be huge deal in 2012 and Nokia is already one step ahead. The two phones which stand out in one particular department are the Nokia 701 and the Nokia C7. Both of these are NFC enabled phones, which could be quite advantageous, as NFC is being touted as the next best thing in mobile technology. NFC, Near Field Communication, is a technology which is being implanted in a lot of upcoming smartphones by all leading brands. It is bound to change the way we transact or communicate, but without getting into exact details about NFC, let me just say that you will be a step ahead with an NFC smartphone at your disposal.

sygeek

Technomancer
Not with Symbian, no.

The new Nokia's windows phones are its only chance. They messed up with the more potential N9, let's hope that it doesn't do the same with its new windows phones.

In my opinion, Windows Phone gives unrecognized competition to Android and iOS.

ujjwal321

Journeyman
I beg to disagree.. Symbian cannot compete in the top range segment, but their new update 'Belle' is very worthy competitor in the mid range, low mid range market.. The new nokia phones with symbian belle can compete head on with the mid range androids.. Symbian always had advantage in battery life, durability and now with a fluid OS it is back in the game..

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Not everyone wants a mobile that they can hack & mod and make it look like a new mobile everyday. some may like to have a mobile preconfigured to work fine. consider this & Nokia has a winner.

rajsujayks

CSE Freak!
I beg to disagree.. Symbian cannot compete in the top range segment, but their new update 'Belle' is very worthy competitor in the mid range, low mid range market.. The new nokia phones with symbian belle can compete head on with the mid range androids.. Symbian always had advantage in battery life, durability and now with a fluid OS it is back in the game..

I agree..! Symbian is very strong in battery life and durability.. All the Nokias here in my place have sustained 5 years of usage easily...and still remain in good condition..!

Top Bottom