2 admin a/c in window xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

anni

Broken In
hi,
I don't know where my administrator a/c gone?. I install window xp proff. sp2 with default administrator user. Today I open user control panel and click on create new user. after entering a name it says u must select at least 1 a/c as administrator. I just click and then it open another desktop. But when i restart intermediate screen shows only one option, new user name which i created. what happen my old admin a/c and desktop. It is showing under c:\Documents and Settings\Administrator. But how to open this desktop now.
2ndly how to delete this newly created user. Under user control delete option is not available for this user which i set as administrator.

prateek007391

In the zone
hi,
I don't know where my administrator a/c gone?. I install window xp proff. sp2 with default administrator user. Today I open user control panel and click on create new user. after entering a name it says u must select at least 1 a/c as administrator. I just click and then it open another desktop. But when i restart intermediate screen shows only one option, new user name which i created. what happen my old admin a/c and desktop. It is showing under c:\Documents and Settings\Administrator. But how to open this desktop now.
2ndly how to delete this newly created user. Under user control delete option is not available for this user which i set as administrator.

When the select user screen appear, it may be of 2 types
1. Fast User Switching Screen where u must press Ctrl + Alt + Del and u will see
old Windows User Switching Screen where in Username type - Administrator
and enter the password (if Any specified Earlier) and u r in the Adminstrator account
now u can do what ever u want.

2.Old Windows Switching Screen - Do as directed earlier.

CA50

Cyborg Agent
Use third party utility such as Tuneup utility to get all your accounts on the logon screen

OP
A

anni

Broken In
thanks prateek007391, using your first way it showed me welcome screen and i type administrator and p/w and it opens my old desktop. But how to delete the new a/c which i created by mistake, after opening control panel/user a/c it is showing new one also, but in that there is no option to delete that

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
You can't delete that a/c. Windows requires a second a/c with Admin rights and once it is created you can't delete it with out creating another a/c with Admin rights.

OP
A

anni

Broken In
But when u install xp, whatever default "administrator" a/c is created that is also a admin power a/c isn't it. any way if i m not able to delete ok i dont hv problem but using Old Windows Switching Screen,(without welcome screen where i have to type name), how can it make visible true. right now it is not coming in that way. because favorites,desktop files, installed s/w everything in old administrator a/c not in new one

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
As far I know an Administrator a/c is created(by default) when XP is installed. And this a/c can only be viewed in safe mode. This admin a/c is created for emergency use(in safe mode).

And u need to create another admin a/c(minimun) for administrating ur OS. Dat's y the delete option is not active for this a/c

And u shudn't del this a/c too.
Coz by default Administrator a/c will now show up in Welcome Screen. (Exception: Use of 3rd party s/w like TuneUP or Old switching screen where u need to type user a/c and passwd)

Well.........as for ur prblm. Go to Safe mode and enter to Administrator a/c(by default one) and copy all the data to some other drive.

And once u login through safe mode to this by default Administrator a/c all it's data will b available in My Computer>C:(assuming)>Documents and Settings>Administrator.

So u can also switch to normal view(the admin a/c u created) and copy all its(Administrator) Desktop, My Documents etc etc. data from the path given avobe.

Well correct me if I'm wrong.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
You can delete the other account by :
Start > Run > Control userpasswords2 {Press Enter}
Select the account you want to delete .. Be sure there isnt anything that you want to take back up of .. And delete ..
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
You can delete the other account by :
Start > Run > Control userpasswords2 {Press Enter}
Select the account you want to delete .. Be sure there isnt anything that you want to take back up of .. And delete ..

Last edited:

dreams

Gracias Senor
If you want to activate the default admin account, open control panel, Administrative tools, Computer Management, From left pane, expand local users and groups, Select users. Right pane, all the available user accounts(some not shown in user account page will also be displayed) will be shown.
Right click Administrator, Properties, uncheck account is disabled.
Now the default admin account will be shown in your welcome screen.

From here, you can reset the password for any account and delete them too.

OP
A

anni

Broken In
@ dreams, thanks, it solve my problem. using your steps first i disable and then i delete the new a/c.
@krishnandu.sarkar default a/c also be a admin a/c in normal mode also, you can also see this by using same way guided by dreams.

Supernatural

Broken In
There IS A help Window In THe LEft OF The user acc. window
open it and look
interesting
Posted again:
There IS A help Window In THe LEft OF The user acc. window
open it and look
interesting

Last edited:

umda

Right off the assembly line
go to safe mode and their u will se both account and from thier u can remove new user account..............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom