2.1 Speaker setup for 8500??

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Hey guys,so my MX5021 which served me well is not working partly & its becoming a problem to fix it as the parts are not available...So i am planning to buy a new set of 2.1 Speakers to replace my MX 5021..My budget is about 8.5K or so..but can go a bit higher if that particular speaker can match the performance of my MX5021...i love listening to music,from rock/metal/trance/indie/ etc & gaming as well...Not in favour of 5.1 speakers..want a dedicated 2.1 speakers...so could you guys please help me out on this...Are there any altec lansing speakers on the horizon as replacement..don't know y but suddenly there seems to be lack of altec lansing speakers in the market..any reason?Open to other brands as well..PLS PLS HEEELP!

clickclick

Journeyman
its a very good brand. my friend has the same. the build quality is excellent, the sound is crisp and clear and the bass is exceptional too. It comes with a separate amplifier. I havent heard the sound of altec, but can say the edifier is very good.

I dont know where can u buy in mumbai, but i guess lamigton road is the place where u can most likely find it.

If u want to buy it online, gadgets.in is offering at a very good price.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
okay cool...yeah just saw on the net..saw it should be available in lamington road mumbai..my main priority was the clarity aspect....but isn't it a bit less powered...
Total Output of 46 W RMS

That really isn't much at all....

clickclick

Journeyman
i really dont know about the specifications, i dont own any of the speakers :p i posted a reply cause i have listened to the sound of edifier. but u have to go to lamington and listen to it and compare it with the altec, cause u are the best person to do that :p

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
My budget is about 8.5K or so..but can go a bit higher if that particular speaker can match the performance of my MX5021...i love listening to music,from rock/metal/trance/indie/ etc & gaming as well...

If controll pod does not have that much relevance to you then
Klipsch Promedia 2.1 THX Multimedia Speaker ~ Rs.13000

For power user with quality
Corsair sp2500 ~ Rs. 12500

a bit low powered compared to the above
Edifier C3 ~ Rs. 9000

search local market/ audio store you might get less price tag

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!

Edifier C3 ~ Rs. 9000

Thanks for the suggestions..will just check online & see...

Edifier C3 ~ Rs. 9000

Thanks for the suggestions..will just check online & see...

Altec Lansing MX6021E
Logitech Z623

I looked around for mx6021..its not available for some reason...Not sure about logitech...i have seen one of the 5.1 logitech speaker system...& the sound seems a bit artificial & its too boomy for my liking..how about this?

Altec Lansing MX6021E
Logitech Z623

I looked around for mx6021..its not available for some reason...Not sure about logitech...i have seen one of the 5.1 logitech speaker system...& the sound seems a bit artificial & its too boomy for my liking..how about this?

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
IMO best would be the Corsair one it has good frequency response over all(can be compared to low end studio monitors)
it has individual dedicated amps(total 6) for all drivers + fully digital crossover which can be controlled through the control pod,

one thing to mention though you require a decent sound card to fully utilize it's potential

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
i have just one prob with logitech speakers based on my experience with the logitech 5.1 model z506 is that it doesn't sound natural...the clarity isn't that good...its hardly impressive tbh & quite boomy & distorts a lot...is z623 any better? That is why i am using MX5021 as a base to select speakers..want clarity at mid & high...good bass not overtly boomy & has a natural tone to it...My budget can go higher to 12k also..if its worth spending on...Also i am looking for a speaker with a different controller & not a fan of controllers on the right speaker..i intend to put speakers at the back...& it would be nice if i could get a separate controller

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Any 2.1 come hell or high water wont sound natural ever. The whole concept of .1s is space saving first and then the sound. So if you want good sound get Active speakers like the Swans D1080MKII 08

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Any 2.1 come hell or high water wont sound natural ever. The whole concept of .1s is space saving first and then the sound. So if you want good sound get Active speakers like the Swans D1080MKII 08

I agree...not expecting some high tech stuff for this price but was generally dissapointed with the sound quality in z506...compared to mx5021...no issues with space at all..hence i asked if i could get the controller to the speaker separate than the controllers on the right speakers....

plus z506 was quite cheap for a 5.1 set...so no wonder the sound quality isn't that great...so any of you guys have experience over any of the speakers suggested above...or better yet mx5021 which is my benchmark really..would really help if you could suggest something...big music buff..don't care how the games sound...music is my top priority for speakers...

damn i can't seem to get a demo of these speakers anywhere... :(

techdabangg

Broken In
I have a set of them with me. They are really nice. Remember one thing, when you first open them and start playing music, you'll feel that they are crap but allow them some burn-in period and you'll see the magic.

Top Bottom