saurabh_1e

teh tech saviour!
whether i should go for sata 3gb/s hdd or sata 6gb/s hdd

I mean what kind of speed difference will i see
my config===>my siggy

If the speed difference is not much i would like to stuck with sata 3gb/s hdd as it is much cheaper.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
WAIT! You will not get twice the performance. HDDs have not even maximized the bandwidth of SATA2 ports. They are more around SATA1 standards ie 1.5gbps.

You will only find improvements with RAID0 SSD setups or with future SSDs. HDDs cannot get faster as there is a limit to how fast it spins.

Jerin

Journeyman
^

Absolutely right, the speed is now limited to maximum of 7200 rpm in most Seagate and 10400 in few WD drives.

OP
saurabh_1e

saurabh_1e

teh tech saviour!
WAIT! You will not get twice the performance. HDDs have not even maximized the bandwidth of SATA2 ports. They are more around SATA1 standards ie 1.5gbps.

You will only find improvements with RAID0 SSD setups or with future SSDs. HDDs cannot get faster as there is a limit to how fast it spins.

I have sata 3 ports and i was thinking that only ssd will be able to use that much buffer mechanical drive wont take any use of it getting a seagate 1tb hdd for 280rs
any suggestions????

I have sata 3 ports and i was thinking that only ssd will be able to use that much buffer mechanical drive wont take any use of it getting a seagate 1tb hdd for 2800rs
any suggestions????

Last edited:
Top Bottom