19" wide LCD acer vs viewsonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
I saw the demo today of Acer AL1916W but the native resolution of this is 1440 x 900 due to which I could not actually see it properly as I max could go 1280.

Which graphic card do I need to buy which can run this wide screen properly for graphic purpose.
*www.shopireland.ie/electronics/detail/B000CCB0OG/ at this link I read that I need to overclock the graphic card using powerstrip sotware is that the case, if so which cards allow better overclocking.

Does any one have any opinion on acer vs viewsonic LCD screens. Both are priced 19900/- acer is in stock but viewsonic is not & will be only be after 20 days, acer is only analog no DVI-sub vewsonic has both but have not seen demo.

ViewSonic VA1912w
*ap.viewsonic.com/in/products/productspecs.php?id=253
*www.mrgadget.com.au/catalog/viewsonic-va1912w-19inch-widescreen-lcd-p-1647.html

AL1916
*global.acer.com/products/monitor/1_series.htm#
*www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=16517&vpn=ET.L5209.005&manufacture=Acer

Looking forward for some comments on either & featuresets as this one will be my 1st LCD I am not familier with much of technical issues.

Ranjan

Last edited:

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Ranjan! WAiittt. Dont buy Acer. ViewSonic is so high on quality. Infact there is hardly any Competition.
Besides Viewsonic dont have that lagging ghost effect when watching those fast paced movies or games usually accociated with LCD's. And with DVI nothing beats the quality.
VIEWSONIC is the best. Wait for it .Its worth it.And the veiwing angle of viewsonic is best among LCD's.
So dont think. Wait have patience and go for the best!

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Between the 2 get the Viewsonic. It's street price is Rs. 18,000 not Rs. 20,000. I'm planning to get the same model.

Last edited:
OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
I use intel 845glad mb, & this will require a PCI graphic card which I guess are not easily available, can some of you tell me which brand still makes PCI cards & which one should I buy.

On powerstrip forum I read that ATI still makes PCI cards but could not find PCI models here in delhi which can run custom resolution via powerstrip.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
It will be really difficult to find a PCI card that can run the monitor at 1440x900. You need to think about upgrading to a mobo that has atleast an AGP slot.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
ranjan2001 said:
I use intel 845glad mb, & this will require a PCI graphic card which I guess are not easily available, can some of you tell me which brand still makes PCI cards & which one should I buy.

On powerstrip forum I read that ATI still makes PCI cards but could not find PCI models here in delhi which can run custom resolution via powerstrip.

The combination of a costly LCD monitor and a PCI Graphic card seems strange.

Any way the Viewsonic will be better for all reasons, especially the refresh rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom