16gb usb 3.0 pen drive for Rs 500 ..!

Chirag_123

Broken In
How is this possible..?? All other usb 3.0 16gb pen drives are around 800-1.2k .. Is this like a cheap chinese product or smthng..?

Strontium JET USB 3.0 Flash Drive 16GB Pen Drive | Pendrive | Flipkart.com

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
How is this possible..?? All other usb 3.0 16gb pen drives are around 800-1.2k .. Is this like a cheap chinese product or smthng..?

Strontium JET USB 3.0 Flash Drive 16GB Pen Drive | Pendrive | Flipkart.com

Why is it in technology news?

Thread moved to right section...

I came across this deal too. Was almost about to buy it till I realized I don't (still) have any USB 3.0 capable machines at home. Decided to wait it out, let the prices drop further and jump in when I get a USB 3.0 capable laptop/desktop :oops:

Flash

Lost in speed
Thread moved to right section...

I came across this deal too. Was almost about to buy it till I realized I don't (still) have any USB 3.0 capable machines at home. Decided to wait it out, let the prices drop further and jump in when I get a USB 3.0 capable laptop/desktop :oops:

Won't these 3.0 drives have backward compatability to machines with 2.0 ports?

Flash

Lost in speed
Yes it is.

it is available for 599 at ebay.in use your coupon if you have.

Snapdeal offers the same for 479/-
Strontium 16GB JET USB 3.0 Flash Drive (Black) - Buy Strontium Pendrive @ Lowest Price | Snapdeal India

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
Got this pendrive today, it worked for 10 mins and died when tested on CrystalDiskMark. Just ridiculous.

The speed as tested on USB 2:

Write (single file) - 17-18MB/s
Read (single file) - 30-31MB/s

Last edited:

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
^Got my refund. Never buying any Strontium Jet again. You could try your luck, the speeds are very good though.

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
I bought one from infibeam for Rs.550/-. The build quality is very good. There is a blue action LED. Luckily it is not too bright. I tried a 2.2GB file after formatting the drive with NTFS. The speed results with TeraCopy.

USB 2.0 - W - 16MB/s 2.23 min R - 23MB/s 1.20 min

USB 3.0 - W - 18MB/s 1.33 min R - 38MB/s .59 min

It can be seen that there is no obvious write speed gain using usb3.0 port. My kingston 8GB usb2.0 has a speed write of only 6MB/s and read speed of 17MB/s. For the given performance this is a very VFM product. Now I hope it will run without problems.

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
^Hmm.. Mine died when I was using CrystalDiskMark software. But you are getting less speed than me :S

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
I read your post before placing the order and I decided to give it a try. I didn't use any bench mark softwares as all I'm interested is in real time speed and the 16GB space to copy my movie downloads.

Top Bottom