15" LCD Vs 17" CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jyotibasu

Right off the assembly line
Hi all,

What do you guys recommend for a system used to do web design, web development, software development and games. I am not too much into gaming, but still i would like to play some of the latest games in all genres. I heard that LCDs are not that suitable for gaming.

And I think I would need that extra couple of inches of screen real estate for web design and development. In office I work with the LCD at all times. But are the CRTs that bad when it comes to strain on the eyes?

What are the disadvantages with respect to a CRT. Leave the desk space alone, as I feel that compromise can be done. And 17" LCD monitors cost a lot, so please compare the relative merits of a 17" CRT and a 15" LCD.

Thanks & Regards,
Jyoti Basu

saROMan

QA Juggler
well its true CRT monitors strain ur Eyes more than LCD..if ur in Design....u will nedd the max space and resolution....also the Price of 15" LCD and 17"CRT r same(guess 17" costs less) ..the disadvantages r.. LCD use less power ...u get a Higher Viewing angle in LCD..the Display is more Crispier than CRT....also Games can b played on LCD but u wll see the Diff in texture etc more effeciently on CRT ....so guess if u can afford 15"/17" LCD get it elso go 4 ...17" /19" CRT..

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
if you're looking for a monitor for designing, go for a CRT. LCDs produce richer images than CRTs.. thats why people prefer CRTs for designing.. For gaming.. well i guess the 16ms response time of a 15" LCD is more than nuff....

Samsung 510n is available for 12k... and its a gr8 LCD...

rohanbee

Padawan
I think in my opinion CRT's of the same dia as LCD's give higher resolutions.
Secondly Crt's i feel i more sharper in image although strain the eyes. This can be solved by a good radiation protection screen from 3M (do not go in for the chinese brands)
LCd's on the other hand have less strain and are very space saving but very expensive.

I personally use a LCD in the office and have a CRT back home. Since i need to be on the computer the whole day in the office i find the LCD better,
However....
Games, programmes and graphics look better on my CRT screen.
Hope this info helped you.
Take care.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
jyoti said:
What do you guys recommend for a system used to do web design, web development, software development and games. I am not too much into gaming, but still i would like to play some of the latest games in all genres. I heard that LCDs are not that suitable for gaming.

did u got last & this (may) month Digit?? there is a gr8 comparasion btwin CRT & LCD.... & yes if u dont have a gr8 graphics card then LCDs will troube u a bit with their fixd resulation............

cvvikram

MVP in VC++
Jyotibasu said:
Hi all,

And I think I would need that extra couple of inches of screen real estate for web design and development. In office I work with the LCD at all times. But are the CRTs that bad when it comes to strain on the eyes?

What are the disadvantages with respect to a CRT. Leave the desk space alone, as I feel that compromise can be done. And 17" LCD monitors cost a lot, so please compare the relative merits of a 17" CRT and a 15" LCD.

Go for 19' CRT which is almost same to 15' LCD in price.....i think so....

cvvikram

MVP in VC++
Jyotibasu said:
Hi all,

Thanks & Regards,
Jyoti Basu

OP
J

Jyotibasu

Right off the assembly line
Thanks all of you.

I think i will go for a 17" CRT over the LCD...

I don't wish to go for a 19" CRT as I plan to do web designing and it would be difficult to gauge the experience of the audience most of whom would not be having 19" monitors.. I would also be carried away by it and design for bigger screen sizes...

And can anyone tell me about the radiation protection screens.

I feel they change the feel of the colors on the screen. If it isn't so please tell me some models which I can go for.

crashuniverse

In the zone
I cant comment much about the other stuffs, but being a web designer i can have the comparison on website devt standars. a 17" monitor is simply preferred cos u can run it on 1024x768 resolution well. u can do the same on a 15" lcd but the things appear a bit smaller and when u r doing it regularly u r simply fed up n sick of it.
i tried the 15" lcd on 1024x768 n its not as comforatble as my regular 17" crt. but remember it applies to only web designing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom