135CC required with a max budget of 75000/- OTR

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
150CC required with a max budget of 75000/- OTR

Hey guys, so i am helping this friend of mine decide on a bike. He needs to use the bike for daily commute which may go to about 40-60km/Day. His budget is 75000 on road, unfortunately cannot go over it. He is looking for a reliable bike with decent mileage which will be comfortable in long drives.

Last edited:

kundalus

Broken In
Re: 150CC required with a max budget of 75000/- OTR

Pulsar 150 is a good bet. Its low on maintenance cost too. Dont go for new unicorn. The engines r not as good as the previous ones.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl

The gas filled shocks on the 150 are quite forgiving on the spine. Almost car like ride. Considering the daily commute, it would be a life saver.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!

Pulsar 150 is a good bet. Its low on maintenance cost too. Dont go for new unicorn. The engines r not as good as the previous ones.

Thanks for the suggestion. Regarding Pulsar, i heard about maintenance and spare parts problem. Is that true. Are they reliable?

- - - Updated - - -

The gas filled shocks on the 150 are quite forgiving on the spine. Almost car like ride. Considering the daily commute, it would be a life saver.

Which bikes have gas filled shock absorbers?Does the pulsar 150 have the specified absorbers you listed?Any other suggestions?

kundalus

Broken In

There is no issue of parts with pulsar n 150cc is pretty good and low maintenance. Both of my mechanics suggested for pulsar. U can try honda also, they r good in servicing.

Good thing about pulsar is like maruti it can be easily get repaired by a small mechanic also. If u rely too much on company service centres dont ever buy pulsar. They r worst in tat.

ashs1

Padawan
Pulsar 150 and Pulsar 135 are both Good Choices as they are easy to maintain and have decent ergonomics.

If you don't like bajaj, you can check out TVS Apache RTR160.. Easily one of the better looking bikes in this segment, but i am not sure whether you'll be comfortable riding it for 40-60 km everyday ( Test ride is recommended )

If you can wait, Suzuki will be Launching the Gixxer150 ( not the superbike :p) .. I Loved its design & the specs look good on paper. It is rumoured to launch at 70-75k range. But, the launching is said to be around May. :(

Bajaj is also said to be launching a new version of Pulsar 150, 180 very soon : Pulsar 150 NS & Pulsar 180 NS ( NS - Proabably for Naked Sports ). Both look identical.

The Launch date could be around the new fiscal year ( Post 1st April 2014 ).

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Pulsar 150 and Pulsar 135 are both Good Choices as they are easy to maintain and have decent ergonomics.

If you don't like bajaj, you can check out TVS Apache RTR160.. Easily one of the better looking bikes in this segment, but i am not sure whether you'll be comfortable riding it for 40-60 km everyday ( Test ride is recommended )

If you can wait, Suzuki will be Launching the Gixxer150 ( not the superbike :p) .. I Loved its design & the specs look good on paper. It is rumoured to launch at 70-75k range. But, the launching is said to be around May. :(

Bajaj is also said to be launching a new version of Pulsar 150, 180 very soon : Pulsar 150 NS & Pulsar 180 NS ( NS - Proabably for Naked Sports ). Both look identical.

The Launch date could be around the new fiscal year ( Post 1st April 2014 ).

Just asked my friend.He said if there are better options coming in from april-May period, He is ready to wait. But are there significant difference between the outgoing and the incoming models of pulsar?
He also wanted to know about Honda trigger?How is it?

- - - Updated - - -

There is no issue of parts with pulsar n 150cc is pretty good and low maintenance. Both of my mechanics suggested for pulsar. U can try honda also, they r good in servicing.

Good thing about pulsar is like maruti it can be easily get repaired by a small mechanic also. If u rely too much on company service centres dont ever buy pulsar. They r worst in tat.

Hmm Thanks.As long as the parts are easily available in Garages, then no problem at all.

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
Honda Trigger is a good bike and reliability is not an issue. Good handling, decent mono shock, good fuel efficiency is what you're looking then look inside Hero, Honda or Yamaha stables. Pulsar 150cc is good but has lost to new entrants in today's market.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Honda Trigger is a good bike and reliability is not an issue. Good handling, decent mono shock, good fuel efficiency is what you're looking then look inside Hero, Honda or Yamaha stables. Pulsar 150cc is good but has lost to new entrants in today's market.
Thanks. So between the two models, which one has better suspension setup??Also the new models being released in april or so, Will they come under the 75K bracket esp the pulsar one?

ashs1

Padawan
Thanks. So between the two models, which one has better suspension setup??Also the new models being released in april or so, Will they come under the 75K bracket esp the pulsar one?

sorry, i forgot about your earlier question.
But are there significant difference between the outgoing and the incoming models of pulsar?
He also wanted to know about Honda trigger?How is it?

The pulsar models will be between Rs. 70k -75k. ( reportedly.) I would strictly suggest you to wait If you are thinking of purchasing from the Bajaj Stable. Purchasing the Current 150 Version with a new version on the horizon could be a bad decision.

Honda Trigger is also a great Bike. The Riding Comfort is Excellent & Fuel Efficiency is also Good. The top end power is a bit low though..( This won't concern you much Unless you ride at 70-80kmph+ on Highways).
Do check out the Prices at your local showroom.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
sorry, i forgot about your earlier question.

The pulsar models will be between Rs. 70k -75k. ( reportedly.) I would strictly suggest you to wait If you are thinking of purchasing from the Bajaj Stable. Purchasing the Current 150 Version with a new version on the horizon could be a bad decision.

Honda Trigger is also a great Bike. The Riding Comfort is Excellent & Fuel Efficiency is also Good. The top end power is a bit low though..( This won't concern you much Unless you ride at 70-80kmph+ on Highways).
Do check out the Prices at your local showroom.
Thanks for the help.Guess we will have to wait then.Will revisit this thread post release.Thanks again.

Top Bottom