13 Year Old Uses Fibonacci Sequence To Increase Solar Panel Efficiency By 50 Percent

suyash_123

Techno Freak
13 Year Old Uses Fibonacci Sequence To Increase Solar Panel Efficiency By 50 Percent

Aidan Dwyer is just 13 years of age, but has been able to use the Fibonacci Sequence to increase the efficiency of solar panels yielding 50 percent more with his new design than a standard flat solar panel.

Aidan had a eureka moment while hiking in the Catskills and was intrigued by the patterns tree branches produce. After a more in-depth look he discovered that the branches of the trees were created using the Fibonacci sequence 0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, …**

Aidan explains

“I knew that branches and leaves collected sunlight for photosynthesis, so my next experiments investigated if the Fibonacci pattern helped.” - “The tree design takes up less room than flat-panel arrays and works in spots that don’t have a full southern view. It collects more sunlight in winter. Shade and bad weather like snow don’t hurt it because the panels are not flat. It even looks nicer because it looks like a tree. A design like this may work better in urban areas where space and direct sunlight can be hard to find.”

Aidan now has a provisional U.S. patent for his Fibonacci sequence solar panel stand design and has generated interest from “entities” apparently eager to explore developing and manufacturing his design.

** The Fibonacci sequence is created by added the previous two number together.

Source: 13 Year Old Uses Fibonacci Sequence To Increase Solar Panel Efficiency By 50 Percent | Geeky Gadgets

I say this is One of the best research and Dev area... he must make a Patent and must work On the same stream and Others must help him...

Good thinking Great work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Re: 13 Year Old Uses Fibonacci Sequence To Increase Solar Panel Efficiency By 50 Perc

genius. did't wait for the apple to hit the ground.

adi007

Youngling
Re: 13 Year Old Uses Fibonacci Sequence To Increase Solar Panel Efficiency By 50 Perc

Indeed a genius idea :)

So here's the problem. Aiden did not actually discover a more efficient way to convert solar energy into power as he claimed and these numerous publications reported.
This is where bad science starts « No One's Listening

But nevertheless great thinking by a 13 year old

gameranand

Living to Play

For 13 years old its a great achievement.
Although he did some mistakes but they are acceptable at his age. :)

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!

For a 13 year old, great!!

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

This guy is very very smart :D
13 years I couldnt even solve few Quadratic Equations :lol:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

^^ sorry for the OT. but maybe you will like this: Youngest Android developer - XDA

KDroid

Cyborg Agent

^^ 12 Years Only!! :shock: Impressive!

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!

^^ sorry for the OT. but maybe you will like this: Youngest Android developer - XDA

I saw his profile before. Developing & coding android is not a big deal.

Garbage

God of Mistakes...

Hacker News | > Scientists and naturalists have discovered the Fibonacci sequence appearin...

Top Bottom