120k Gaming Rig

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
There are two things called 'value for money' and 'not necessarily using full budget'.

There is also a thing called following the requirement, if OP had a 90K budget in mind , he would have written 90K and not 120K. Also i can very well find posts where you yourself had written that its not always a good idea to deviate too much from the actual prerequisite just because there are feasible configurations for less amount of money.

Also the argument of VFM directly translates into the idea that anything and everything beyond this 90K point for PC gaming , with whatsoever objective the OP has in mind to achieve, is totally worthless because it will never be VFM with this logic applied.

Nevermind, i dint mean to start an baseless argument here, was just wondering what really a 120K PC would look like and found out it looks like a Pc with 30-40K less spent. If this doesnt house the big-boys ( 290X, 780ti), nothing ever will. Best of luck with the Pc. The current suggested configuration is no doubt great anyways.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
^^ about that if this doesn't fit 290x..
i would rather spend on huge dual screens, ssds, more ram than the bestest gpu at this budget.
also better peripherals. and settle with 20k gfx card.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
^^ about that if this doesn't fit 290x..
i would rather spend on huge dual screens, ssds, more ram than the bestest gpu at this budget.
also better peripherals. and settle with 20k gfx card.

20k gpu on a 120k rig with dual screen? how much fps,do you think, does current gen games would yield on that set up?

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
20k is enough to play the game on 1 screen. The other screen is for everything else.
that's the style these days.. at least in competitive gaming..

coz its the not gfx that matters most.. its the whole experience for me..
if am playing a MMO.. i would like to have all the numbers on the 2nd screen.
if hearthstone.. then cards, stats, win rates..
chat screens, mumble irc on the other.. this is lot more social then just 2x dual screen gaming.. broken half way..

am used to the luxury of quad screens, macs.. ssds, good mice.. virtualization with huge rams.. can't go back.
just my style, running bots in VMs.. for gold farming.. automation in given game that interests me currently.

Last edited:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
20k is enough to play the game on 1 screen. The other screen is for everything else.
that's the style these days.. at least in competitive gaming..

todays games are quite demanding. a 20k gpu is not even capable of maintaining constant 60 fps in todays games. it is questionable how well they can perform in the upcoming games. why someone torn down games settings when he is spending 120k on a whole rig? rather than getting *unnecessary ram/ more ssds , he has to get the best possible cpu+gpu combo within his budget.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Guys, instead of fighting, wait for op to respond... The fact that he started similar threads thrice before doesn't bode well to verify his authentic desire...
Let him reply to that accusation first... :)

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
hmmmm.
you had created a thread in dec 2012, *www.digit.in/forum/pc-components-configurations/166899-need-gaming-rig-120k.html
one in march 2013, *www.digit.in/forum/pc-components-c...efinity-setup-under-150k-180k.html?highlight=
another in dec 2013, *www.digit.in/forum/pc-components-configurations/179827-gaming-pc-120k.html and still hasn't got any of the suggested ones ;) :D

In case anyone was wondering what I meant by my previous post... :)

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
I think this thread has also met the same fate as the previous three. [MENTION=135617]rijinpk1[/MENTION] good find

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Maybe OP just wants to get updated with the latest powerful hardware once every 3 months or so. :\ Sad.

Props to [MENTION=135617]rijinpk1[/MENTION] for spotting.

Top Bottom