** ~10k mobile advice thread **

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
need a second phone. confused between nokia 5.4 and moto g30.

need it for only calls, whatsapp etc. should have no ads, (i.e. no redmi or realme) will consider samsung as i can stop those ads.

should be between10k-13k and light weight.

pls suggest.

i have heard Micromax in 1 is good overall as it comes with FHD screen. it comes with stock android also so no ADs.
Samsung M21 is another option but it is one year old.
Both Nokia & Motorola has HD+ screen.
i have heard Nokia has better software update service. maybe here some who use it can tell it better.
Motorola has an irregular schedule and bad online support as per my personal experience. their (or Lenovo's) staff doesn't have much knowledge and is arrogant.

need a second phone. confused between nokia 5.4 and moto g30.

need it for only calls, whatsapp etc. should have no ads, (i.e. no redmi or realme) will consider samsung as i can stop those ads.

should be between10k-13k and light weight.

pls suggest.
Can consider Samsung M12/F12 along with Moto G30, better than Nokia for battery life.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I think there are many brands which is famous for reasonable price, security, features.
1 Samsung
2 Realme
3 Xiaomi
4 Oppo
5 Vivo

You can find all the highly demanded mobile features in smartphones under 10k.

you meant infamous right? By security I am assuming you mean data privacy and data security, not "hacking" or something. Xiaomi and other Chinese brands literally steal phone owner's data all the time.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
you meant infamous right? By security I am assuming you mean data privacy and data security, not "hacking" or something. Xiaomi and other Chinese brands literally steal phone owner's data all the time.
you ask 10 random so-called literate people and almost 60-70% will say - nothing special in my phone, then what is it that they can steal?
irony is that most of these people use banking apps on these.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
T
you ask 10 random so-called literate people and almost 60-70% will say - nothing special in my phone, then what is it that they can steal?
irony is that most of these people use banking apps on these.

i Don’t want China to setup something like social credit system, as they did in China, with my phone. They can use the audio clips to extract info about what is happening in the country. The camera pics can be used by them for deep learning, that entirely means that my pictures will be used for teaching machine and hence will be visible. We don’t know what they have in there software. Smartphones are used by almost everyone nowadays, they can use this network to push Chinese propaganda. They can also use it to track activities in a country. It acts as large spy network.

again these are the possibilities. People have been revolting against WhatsApp, for collecting data from business chats, but these Chinese brands collect everything from SMS, (which also has bank messages) to even contacts. Last year xiaomi was accused of recording people’s calls without there knowledge.

Nobody likes getting tracked.

privacy is a big thing which should be taught to Indians. They should not allow any phone brand to cross the boundary. Who gave them the right to access ones data in the first place? After all they are not paying us for our data.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
T

i Don’t want China to setup something like social credit system, as they did in China, with my phone. They can use the audio clips to extract info about what is happening in the country. The camera pics can be used by them for deep learning, that entirely means that my pictures will be used for teaching machine and hence will be visible. We don’t know what they have in there software. Smartphones are used by almost everyone nowadays, they can use this network to push Chinese propaganda. They can also use it to track activities in a country. It acts as large spy network.

again these are the possibilities. People have been revolting against WhatsApp, for collecting data from business chats, but these Chinese brands collect everything from SMS, (which also has bank messages) to even contacts. Last year xiaomi was accused of recording people’s calls without there knowledge.

Nobody likes getting tracked.

privacy is a big thing which should be taught to Indians. They should not allow any phone brand to cross the boundary. Who gave them the right to access ones data in the first place? After all they are not paying us for our data.
when people jump at low priced high value items, this is bound to happen. most of the people do not value service. people buy a 40-50000 or more priced phone but start crying when mobile company increases tariff. people even do not go for a Rs.100-200 app but look for a free / pirated option. too many download a cracked version of an Anti-Virus / Anti-Malware and don't understand what they are doing.

just opened yt and see the preference of indian consumers -

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
^ exactly this thing is what needs to be told to people. Xiaomi or BBK has a very small market in US or EU because of strict privacy laws. And also because people are aware.

Now these brands have made some blind fans. If you see any video which is made against mi or realme, someone in the comments would surely be found bashing the creator. Even if creator used all valid points. They say that who cares, or there is nothing too important in the phone etc. Etc. But they do not this is beginning of something bad.

People do not understand that it's there right, and why is someone stalking them in the first place? We paid them for hardware, they are providing. It doesn't mean we are giving them right to steal data.

Brands like tecno, itel infinix are successful in African market even passing by samsung and Xiaomi. And people there know that the companies are stealing everything from them.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Urgently need a phone.. 10k (±2-3k)
Big battery more than 5000 mAh
Snapdragon SoC (battery saving)
Dual 4G volte
More calling and video calling.
32gb+ storage for photo videos

Any suggestions?

Top Bottom