** ~10k mobile advice thread **

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Poco M2/M2 Pro

Even Samsung pushes recommendations these days, so you have to spend some time turning those off based on your phone. Moto seems to have pure stock OS phones apparently, so should be the cleanest. Moto One Fusion+ is good but G9 plus has just a 720p display.

I was considering Samsung and Moto since there wont be any ads in those but they are too big to handle with one hand. And Nokia 5.3 is as big as Samsung M31. so I am left with no choice here unless i go with some bad looking phones with specs so bad that it can't even run Clash of Clans or Clash Royale games.

I was considering Samsung and Moto since there wont be any ads in those but they are too big to handle with one hand. And Nokia 5.3 is as big as Samsung M31. so I am left with no choice here unless i go with some bad looking phones with specs so bad that it can't even run Clash of Clans or Clash Royale games.
Pixel 4a & iPhone SE are the cheapest good compact phones. The iPhone has bad battery life though. I purchased Realme 7 Pro for my cousin as its relatively compact compared to competition, even K20 Pro seems fine.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Thinking of buying moto e7 plus. How is after sales service of motorola?
Parents used to have Moto G series back in the day. Only once had issues with the phone, and the service team sorted it out without any issue. So I feel it shouldn't be a problem

gmb2013

Right off the assembly line
Should be as good as any other common Chinese companies, inferior to Samsung. Why not buy Moto G9 Plus for 1k more? You get a faster processor, faster charging & type C port.
The mobile is for my father who will not have any use for the additional features. I had originally shortlisted samsung m01 at 8k.

The mobile is for my father who will not have any use for the additional features. I had originally shortlisted samsung m01 at 8k.
I'm sure half the charging time is something he will appreciate (3.5hrs vs 2hrs maybe for full charge from 0). Type C is just more convenient as it is the port that will be common in the future & faster processor helps the phone to stay snappy after some years. For just 1k, those are worth it IMO.

kartikoli

Busy!!
Need a phone for mom in 10k range (Her only use is calls/YouTube/Whatsapp pics/videos from relatives) with so many offers now a days I am thinking to go for Poco M2 with ICICI CC at 9k (though,will have to ask someone to help lol)
Is there any other deal or a phone to consider?

Need a phone for mom in 10k range (Her only use is calls/YouTube/Whatsapp pics/videos from relatives) with so many offers now a days I am thinking to go for Poco M2 with ICICI CC at 9k (though,will have to ask someone to help lol)
Is there any other deal or a phone to consider?
Go for Poco M2, great for 10k. I bought Redmi 9 Prime for my cousin few months back for 10k, M2 is the same phone but with 6GB RAM & was 11k back then. Its OS likely doesn't have system ads like Redmi. There are guides to disable ads in Xiaomi phones, like this:
How to Disable Ads, Bloatware, and Notifications in MIUI 11 | Beebom

kartikoli

Busy!!
Go for Poco M2, great for 10k. I bought Redmi 9 Prime for my cousin few months back for 10k, M2 is the same phone but with 6GB RAM & was 11k back then. Its OS likely doesn't have system ads like Redmi. There are guides to disable ads in Xiaomi phones, like this:
How to Disable Ads, Bloatware, and Notifications in MIUI 11 | Beebom
Thanks Bro, Any other phone to look in this range?

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
need a second phone. confused between nokia 5.4 and moto g30.

need it for only calls, whatsapp etc. should have no ads, (i.e. no redmi or realme) will consider samsung as i can stop those ads.

should be between10k-13k and light weight.

pls suggest.

Top Bottom