Lenovo K3 Note
Asus Zenfone 2 ZE500CL
Motorola Moto G 2nd Generation XT1068
Wiko Ridge Fab 4G
LG G2 D802 (used probably refurbished)

Which Phone Should I Get?

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Why its so difficult to make a simple decision? Really confused. Chose 3 mobiles at last, Lumia 640, MotoG2, MotoE2.
According to anandtech's review Lumia 640 is below par on performance when compare to MotoG2 and MotoE2. Simple apps like internet browser is performing slow. I do lot of surfing on mobile.
So I started drifting towards Moto. MotoE2 I really like but then I am reading lot of bad reviews about the faulty units being shipped to customer from flipkart. MotoG2 is just old, otherwise i'm ok, But when compared to MotoE2 it has older hardware and 2k coslty. Suggestion please.
I will not buy Honor or Lenovo. And also i would like to know the opinions about Asus Zenfone 5( here too I read issues). :-(
After sales services is very important.

Last edited:

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
Why its so difficult to make a simple decision? Really confused. Chose 3 mobiles at last, Lumia 640, MotoG2, MotoE2.
According to anandtech's review Lumia 640 is below par on performance when compare to MotoG2 and MotoE2. Simple apps like internet browser is performing slow. I do lot of surfing on mobile.
So I started drifting towards Moto. MotoE2 I really like but then I am reading lot of bad reviews about the faulty units being shipped to customer from flipkart. MotoG2 is just old, otherwise i'm ok, But when compared to MotoE2 it has older hardware and 2k coslty. Suggestion please.
I will not buy Honor or Lenovo. And also i would like to know the opinions about Asus Zenfone 5( here too I read issues). :-(

K3 Note

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

Lumia 640 doesnt have any performance issues
dont follow online reviews,they all barely even use the phone
try it out in store and compare for proof instead

as for Moto and Asus, yes they also have faulty units being shipped but they are honouring warranty claims and are replacing faulty units within 3-4 days atleast in Mumbai

regarding which one to buy, its purely preference but I can safely tell you that all 3 are very safe, vfm and stable buys

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

yuck that has a Mediatek proccy
no dev support,no official support either
rather buy a moto e instead of this

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks dude. I forgot to mention. I prefer good after sales services.

Lenovo after sales , updates is pathetic
so is the Mediatek cpu
avoid it at all costs

- - - Updated - - -

which is better Honox 4X or Redmi Note 4G ?

Of the two - Redmi any day
Huawei uses cut rate cpus and parts
rather buy xiaomi

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Lumia 640 doesnt have any performance issues
dont follow online reviews,they all barely even use the phone
try it out in store and compare for proof instead

as for Moto and Asus, yes they also have faulty units being shipped but they are honouring warranty claims and are replacing faulty units within 3-4 days atleast in Mumbai

regarding which one to buy, its purely preference but I can safely tell you that all 3 are very safe, vfm and stable buys

Thanks man. This is good to hear.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I have these options to choose from

Huawei Honor 4X
Lenovo S60
Lenovo K3 Note
Asus Zenfone 2 ZE500CL
Motorola Moto G 2nd Generation XT1068
Wiko Ridge Fab 4G
LG G2 D802 (used probably refurbished)

Which Phone Should I Get?

Fill the questionnaire.
I'd pick Zenfone 2 or LG G2 for better performance.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Thanks man. This is good to hear.
I had first hand experience with asus service within Mumbai for my zenfone 5.

Took more than 1 month to offer me solution but I was given the idea first hand.
Finally got 16gb 1.6 ghz cpu, gold model for my 8gb black 1.2 ghz cpu model.

Just go through last few pages of asus zenfone thread where I had shared my experience.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I had first hand experience with asus service within Mumbai for my zenfone 5.

Took more than 1 month to offer me solution but I was given the idea first hand.
Finally got 16gb 1.6 ghz cpu, gold model for my 8gb black 1.2 ghz cpu model.

Just go through last few pages of asus zenfone thread where I had shared my experience.

thats weird to hear
so far ive heard positive reviews from my friends who have used Asus support in Mumbai
still better than these chinese brands I guess, the horror stories are even worse there
people have waited 3-4 months and all

was yours a manufacturing defect or a part change or something?

Mrthinker

Right off the assembly line
1. Budget? 200$
2. Display type and size? 5 inch
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip? bar, may consider others depending on the product
4. Preferred choice of brand? no preference if product is good
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type) touchscreen
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera. no preference as will be used rarely
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc). Android
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly. Must have 3G will prefer to have 4G also
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)? NA
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)? mainly calls, texting and browsing
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? ZenFone 2 ZE551ML

the.one

In the zone
yuck that has a Mediatek proccy
no dev support,no official support either
rather buy a moto e instead of this

- - - Updated - - -

Lenovo after sales , updates is pathetic
so is the Mediatek cpu
avoid it at all costs

- - - Updated - - -

Of the two - Redmi any day
Huawei uses cut rate cpus and parts
rather buy xiaomi

That Mediatek 6752 used on k3 note is known to be better than SD 615.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Todays Mediatek processors are much better than SD in low & mid range but you are true about no developer support.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
^^ They still have issues with optimisation,compatibility of apps as well
the heat issues are gone because now even Intels and Qualcomms are heating up to the same level on newer chipsets these days

still not worth buying over Qualcomm and Intel though

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^^ They still have issues with optimisation, compatibility of apps as well
the heat issues are gone because now even Intels and Qualcomms are heating up to the same level on newer chipsets these days

still not worth buying over Qualcomm and Intel though

General (read noob) people who buy phones don't give a $hit about which SoC is used and since those people will never have heard about rooting, custom roms etc, any phone works ok for them. That's why you see them buying the likes of samsung, micromax, karbon, lava for sub 10k range despite way better options.

For those who care, OEMs using mediatek SoCs don't usually release the sources and I personally won't recommend any mediatek based phone because of that even when it outperforms any other SoC in that price range.

amjath

Human Spambot
^ I have heard people saying my phone has 1.2 GHz quad core processor. I would consider SD over mediatek any day just for the support.

Top Bottom