** ~10k mobile advice thread **

TheSloth

The Slowest One
ah. but there are cases when someone doesn't trust xiaomi brand. In that case can we suggest moto e3 or there are better smartphones below 10K.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
okk, so it doesn't get the latest OS. But how is the device's performance?? I just want to know how MT performed in this price segment and also as per the infamous opinion about the heating issues in MT based smartphones.
I understand that this device will become outdated soon cause of old hardware and software so it better not to suggest to young people. But we can still suggest to old people who will not play much games and multitask like we do, right??

Minion

Conversation Architect
okk, so it doesn't get the latest OS. But how is the device's performance?? I just want to know how MT performed in this price segment and also as per the infamous opinion about the heating issues in MT based smartphones.
I understand that this device will become outdated soon cause of old hardware and software so it better not to suggest to young people. But we can still suggest to old people who will not play much games and multitask like we do, right??

Processor used in moto e3 is very weak.only SOC that starts with X like X10,X20 etc are good.
This is why i don't recommended this chip
Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 MSM8937 vs MediaTek MT6735P - System on a Chip Compariso..

and moto e3 is way overpriced for what it offers.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
as in hardware-wise. Snapdragon 617 was released in Oct2015, and g4 plus was released in May2016.

And if mobile with decent after sales service is preferred then wait for g5 series(normal, plus and play) launch which is in and around March and also Nokia models are also will launch at the same time. Better wait if possible.

Man for a phone with a price tag of Rs. 10500/- Moto G is great. Coming to the bold part, G4 is also manufactured by Moto so how can you say that it does not have a decent after sales service?

Why no one is suggesting moto e3 power?? cause it has MT SoC??

What is MT SoC dear? And do consider Moto G.

Minion

Conversation Architect
What is MT SoC dear? And do consider Moto G.

Mediatek

- - - Updated - - -

Man for a phone with a price tag of Rs. 10500/- Moto G is great. Coming to the bold part, G4 is also manufactured by Moto so how can you say that it does not have a decent after sales service?

What is great about moto G4 it has a SD 410 chipset which is outdated now that redmi note 4 is released for same price getting moto g is waste of money.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Said this about Xiaomi. Compare to Xiaomi, moto has better AfterSS. Did not say anyhting about g4 for yhe same reason mentioned by minion above. I had sd 410 chipset in my Moto E2 with 1 GB RAM, which I bought in Aug2015, very old hardware. But if you feel like its good enough for you then its your decision.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Said this about Xiaomi. Compare to Xiaomi, moto has better AfterSS. Did not say anyhting about g4 for yhe same reason mentioned by minion above. I had sd 410 chipset in my Moto E2 with 1 GB RAM, which I bought in Aug2015, very old hardware. But if you feel like its good enough for you then its your decision.

Man Xiaomi, 1+, Leco , Redmi etc. are all two sides of a same coin-

Benchmark Cheating Strikes Back: How OnePlus and Others Got Caught Red-Handed, and What They've Done About
+these Chinese companies install spyware in their phones, well most of them.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Man Xiaomi, 1+, Leco , Redmi etc. are all two sides of a same coin-

Benchmark Cheating Strikes Back: How OnePlus and Others Got Caught Red-Handed, and What They've Done About
+these Chinese companies install spyware in their phones, well most of them.

Moto is Chinese too.
Read This
Lenovo hit by lawsuit over Superfish adware - CNE

Minion

Conversation Architect
I know that dear and I am not defending Lenovo. BTW wasn't that adware in laptops only?

Who knows we can't be sure if they are doing same with phone or not.My point is only Chinese phones are worth buying till other OEM launches phone with better hardware.

For me a lag free performance is must.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Who knows we can't be sure if they are doing same with phone or not.My point is only Chinese phones are worth buying till other OEM launches phone with better hardware.

For me a lag free performance is must.

You can always root and remove all BS bloatware from a phone.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Which phone would you guys suggest around 10-14k which can be bought immediately, as in no flash sales and such. Other than Moto G4 please and also phones with great XDA Dev support is highly preferred.

Thanks.

Broken In
Which phone would you guys suggest around 10-14k which can be bought immediately, as in no flash sales and such. Other than Moto G4 please and also phones with great XDA Dev support is highly preferred.

Thanks.

As of now Redmi Note 4 (4GB/64GB) is the best option.

But if you don't want to buy it a flash sale, pay 500-1000 more on quikr/olx for sealed piece. Even at 14k (13000+1000), it is the best phone in this price segment. But if you try, you can get it directly from Flipkart/mi.com @13k, just ask a couple of friends to try and buy it for you on CoD.

Minion

Conversation Architect
As of now Redmi Note 4 (4GB/64GB) is the best option.

But if you don't want to buy it a flash sale, pay 500-1000 more on quikr/olx for sealed piece. Even at 14k (13000+1000), it is the best phone in this price segment. But if you try, you can get it directly from Flipkart/mi.com @13k, just ask a couple of friends to try and buy it for you on CoD.

Redmi note 3 had good developer support but sadly it has been discontinued note 4 i don't think it will have many developers like note 3 due to inferior processor also le 2 started getting custom roms but leeco software support is pathetic.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
For better developer support you will have to wait for more device. For note 3,4, may be days or months.
Good luck.

Last edited:

Broken In
Redmi note 3 had good developer support but sadly it has been discontinued note 4 i don't think it will have many developers like note 3 due to inferior processor also le 2 started getting custom roms but leeco software support is pathetic.

Not everybody buys the phone according to "good developer support". Some people prefer good phones too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom