1000w PSU enough?

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Remember you will going to lose slight performance (8-12%) when xfire as second slot of your mobo runs at pci exp 2.0 x4 speed,though it not noticeable.just my :2cents:

OP
S

Solo

Broken In
Remember you will going to lose slight performance (8-12%) when xfire as second slot of your mobo runs at pci exp 2.0 x4 speed,though it not noticeable.just my :2cents:
No worries for me, I wasn't planning on it. I got one PCIE 3.0 x16 (in use) and
one PCIE 2.0 x16 for crossfire. No more then 2 cards for crossfire for me. The rest of expansion slot for add-ons such as PCI fans.

what should amd name after hd 9000? :p :p
hehehe good point.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
one PCIE 2.0 x16 for crossfire. No more then 2 cards for crossfire for me. The rest of expansion slot for add-ons such as PCI fans.

Buddy iam talking about Pci x16 xfire slot :p

It runs at Pci exp 2.0 x16 (​x4 mode)

:twisted:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

if you install two gpus on your mobo one will run at X16 speed and the other will run at x4 speed.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I know, just out of curiosity.

most mobo which support sli/CF operates at X8/X8 speed which is better than X16/X4 but the real world advantage is not noticable much,i guess. the mobo i have seen which works at X16/X16 is amd m5- a99fx pro. most others do at x8-x8

OP
S

Solo

Broken In
most mobo which support sli/CF operates at X8/X8 speed which is better than X16/X4 but the real world advantage is not noticable much,i guess. the mobo i have seen which works at X16/X16 is amd m5- a99fx pro. most others do at x8-x8
I see. Thanks for the heads up. Good to know. Okay my last question will my PSU will be able to utilize 2x dual GPU crossfire? That's practically quad crossfire with less slots, but more heat and wattage. Will it maintain?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I see. Thanks for the heads up. Good to know. Okay my last question will my PSU will be able to utilize 2x dual GPU crossfire? That's practically quad crossfire with less slots, but more heat and wattage. Will it maintain?

you mean 2 X 7990?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
it seems r9 290x CF is faster than 780 ti sli despite the fact that 780 ti beats 290x in single card performance.

Top Bottom