1000+ reasons never to buy any Apple products

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
My timeline of owning Smartphones.
2012 --> Samsung Galaxy Y 4GB (7000/-, dead in I forgot when)
2013 --> Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos 8GB(8500/-, Still have it, but worthless)
2014 --> Apple iPhone 4 8GB (26000/- Working still, the phone look and feel is amazing with the glossy black. Hasn't lost its sheen today, although software sucks)
2015 —> HTC Desire 826 16 GB (25000/-, works still but battery lasts 3 hrs)
2015 --> OnePlus One 64GB (20000/- Still working but without sim and battery sucks, it always sucked when I used it for calls)
2016 --> Apple iPhone 5S 16 GB (25000/-, Still use it daily, has the best design to date)
2017 --> Apple iPhone SE 64 GB (28000/-, It was lost during commute, fell off my jacket, last updated position in Find My iPhone app was in the middle of a bridge above Ganga river)
2018 --> Apple iPhone 8 Plus 256 GB (76000/-, working as if I purchased it yesterday)
2018 --> Xiaomi Redmi N5P 64 GB for wife (14000/-, broke)
2019 --> Samsung M30s 64GB for wife (16000/-, going good)

Apart from smartphones:
2012 --> Google Nexus 7 16GB (worked good for one year then dead)
2013 --> Samsung Tab 7 inch 16GB (dead too)
2015 --> Apple iPad Mini 16GB (works good, nothing changed in its design, looks attractive to this day)

Also owned 3 desktops, 2 laptops ..
after owning all these products, I received the best consumer satisfaction from Apple. PERIOD. Its full of problems but it has that many solutions.

Last edited:

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
I advocate buying iOS products if anyone has the budget. I get labelled as iSheep.
When it comes to desktops, I don’t see myself buying an iMac/Mac since I like Gaming and the ease of MS Office, I know Windows and Office are there for Mac too, so I advocate only Windows based products. But is there a label for that too?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apple products have better overall quality & user experience, no doubt about this. It is just that many feel it comes at an expensive price & that is true too. I personally feel that if somebody has the money to afford(aka no emi/loan etc & what's the use of having lots of money if you don't show off a bit :) ) apple products(not all apple products are in same price range) & really don't need windows/android then they should get it.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Apple products have better overall quality & user experience, no doubt about this. It is just that many feel it comes at an expensive price & that is true too. I personally feel that if somebody has the money to afford(aka no emi/loan etc & what's the use of having lots of money if you don't show off a bit :) ) apple products(not all apple products are in same price range) & really don't need windows/android then they should get it.

Personally, right from my first purchase of iPhone 4 in 2014, I was really satisfied with the overall software experience. I felt it was a software that made excellent use of its hardware. When I learned that people only think that Apple products are just for show off, I was disappointed since I’ve never owned it for showing off. In fact, every iPhone that I’ve owned, I’ve always made sure I purchased the back cover that also covers the logo & always went for the space grey one which has black body infront. People instantly discover that you’re using an iPhone if the front body is white.
Even regular iPhone users fail to recognise that I’m using one at first glance.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Forgot one HTC Desire 826 in 2015.. added to the list. It was the best Android I’ve owned till date. It’s software was fluid, camera very good, screen excellent. But its synchronisation with Windows pissed me off substantially. There was some big issue with its drivers.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
9B23F544-044D-420B-9C07-D913EAF8C688.jpeg

2462185E-1F2C-4140-90B3-CFF6A4B8E39F.jpeg

My current daily driver iPhone 8 Plus. I intentionally don’t show off that i’m using iPhone.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
6B1266D2-243F-425F-8193-A3F72B767B7A.jpeg

B24DCEFE-0D3F-4FB2-B27A-D5D090133550.jpeg

My office phone, a 5S , I purchased this Spigen back cover that blocks the logo as well. I once gave it to my stupid wife, she put an Apple sticker over it, she was annoyed why Apple’s logo was not visible. I immediately took offence to this rude behaviour and grabbed my phone back never to give her again.

OP
Anorion

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
My timeline of owning Smartphones.

funny, was discussing on Telegram group this exact same thing few days ago

My timeline of daily drivers:
2009: 3rd gen iPod Touch (I got this as a gift from my aunt, I invested heavily in paid apps, as the device was free. Since that time, I have avoided using free apps, apps with ads, or apps where I cannot pay to get rid of ads. Initially, avoided apps with IAP, but now most of my spending is almost exclusively on IAP)
2011: iPhone 3GS for 19K (could've gotten refurbed for 15K. Still going good, only problem is that it has become a desktop as in the charging cable needs to be plugged in, Infinity Blade and Galaxy on Fire still works on it. Use it to play old 32 bit games that are pulled from the app store such as Prince of Persia Classic, Project 83113, Flappy Bird, and Baby Monkey running Backwards on a Pig)
2016: iPhone SE (25K still working, but only works a few hours before battery dies)
Total cost of devices that I have purchesed: 44K. Total cost of apps, subscriptions and IAP: will become 40K in two months. Subscriptions are Netflix, Spotify and Hotstar.
2019: Started using iPhone & Plus 256 GB given by office

Now I have seen people buy cheap 7-15k devices once every year, and I keep telling them, you are actually better off paying emi on an Apple device because it will last longer! Apple is actually more VFM. Also in the early days of droids, I saw some horrible abominations like the HTC Wildfire. I haven't updated my 3GS to iOS 5.0 yet, but the option is still available!

Devices that I have used for a few months
Huawai Honor 8 (beautiful phone, very sleek, interface was similar to iOS, liked the way frame lit up when flash was turned on and covered, night time photography options are insane. Had almost become my daily driver)
Mi 5 (again, a beautiful device, really liked the ceramic back, and the slim fall factor. Was a little slippery. Have used two of these. This was still my secondary device till a few months ago, to test out Android apps and such)
Nextbit Robin (well ahead of its time, if you had high speed WiFi connections, it was really like having an infinite memory capacity. You could just keep shooting image and videos, the entire experience of using the smartphone changed instantly.)
ASUS ZenFone Max (UI was a pain, but what a battery life)
ASUS ZenFone AR (weird device with support for the discontinued Google Tango, really enjoyed using it for a number of AR apps, but it was an experience that almost no one else has had, superior tech caught up to the hardware platform)
Creo Mark 1 (solid, well build device. Kind of like a cheaper version of the OnePlus, didn't deliver on the promise of new update every month)
Jio Phone (this should be considered a smartphone as it practically has everything. Only thing is it is large and built like a brick, but still loved it, and it is just the right phone for the Indian market. Kudos to those guys for bringing this product here, and not going with the assumption that having larger electronics is unacceptable, in order to reduce the price)
Micromax Canvas Unite 4: Indus OS, what can I say, just an incredible product with a lot of attention on how Indian's navigate through a novel environment on smartphones. For example, the ability to download apps without needing a gmail id! These are small things that we might not think of which are actually huge obstacles to technology adoption by regional and local language users. The swipe keyboard is also excellent.

Im not going to lie and say I like both equally. I honestly prefer iOS much more, because there are no thousand tiny things like freezes, crashes, glitches, inconsistent lags when you are getting constant whatsapp messages from 20 people (we have a quiz group where questions are sent on one group, but everyone replies individually). Second thing is updates. Third thing is I can trust the iPhones more not to fail on me if Im in another city and like need to use Uber, or my battery is low. The experience is consistent and predictable, but the MMX and Mi had inconsistent spikes of battery drain.

Things I don't like about Apple
- Pulling of 32 bit apps
- Secrecy about release dates, and inconsistency in the tick tock cycle, makes it difficult to plan upgrade path or subsequent purchases
- Taptic engine on belly button (it is just fine everywhere else)
- Changing of buttons for screenshots
- Inconsistent locations of edge buttons and headphone jack in every iteration
- Change in charging cables
- Hesitancy in implementing 3D touch
- Making iTunes go away and bringing it back. Also, iTunes bloatedness.

I am going to get the iPhone SE once the lockdown lifts :)

Æsoteric Positron

I AM GROOT (and so are you)
Things I don't like about Apple
- Pulling of 32 bit apps
- Secrecy about release dates, and inconsistency in the tick tock cycle, makes it difficult to plan upgrade path or subsequent purchases
- Taptic engine on belly button (it is just fine everywhere else)
- Changing of buttons for screenshots
- Inconsistent locations of edge buttons and headphone jack in every iteration
- Change in charging cables
- Hesitancy in implementing 3D touch
- Making iTunes go away and bringing it back. Also, iTunes bloatedness.
I am quite surprised that wall-gardening is not on this list.

rockfella

Ambassador of Buzz
Topic of the decade. The only apple product I've ever purchased is shuffle which I don't anymore because I have FiiO M5 which plays everything in my music collection. The apple rabbit hole is deeper than audiophile hole and I've always stayed away from both :)

Last edited:

rockfella

Ambassador of Buzz
Re: 1000 reasons never to buy any Apple products

Apple and Steve Jobs both were arrogant and always feared about compitition (I respect Steve Jobs, no offence OK) I wish Apple realise that world is changing, even once Apple said that India is useless market and they dont want to waste their VALUABLE TIME in India. Even samsung is not an Angel either, but they know market much better than stupid Apple
6 years from this post now almost every big company out there knows India is the biggest market to sell anything! We buy their stuff for twice the cost and brag about it too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom