1 TB seagate not working not able to boot system

s0rdfish

Broken In
Dear frds can any 1 help me in here i am in big trouble right now:-( in my system i have 1 TB seagate hard disk but from past few weeks when ever i was working suddenly i was getting blue screen error with some words written Word_Word_Word and i couldn't see it bcoz it would restart. now from past 2 days my system is not booting its telling boot disk error and i can hear small jerk kind of sound from my hard disk what should i do i have lots off data in my hard disk i cant loose it please help me. i took my computer to a service center in there the service person told me i need to buy new one, this hard disk i bought like 4-5 years back.

is there any solution i can get my hard disk back ?? right now i am not in position to afford a new hard disk kindly help me frds requesting you guys to look into my issue and please reply.

Thanks & regards

- - - Updated - - -

Dear frds can any 1 help me in here i am in big trouble right now:-( in my system i have 1 TB seagate hard disk but from past few weeks when ever i was working suddenly i was getting blue screen error with some words written Word_Word_Word and i couldn't see it bcoz it would restart. now from past 2 days my system is not booting its telling boot disk error and i can hear small jerk kind of sound from my hard disk what should i do i have lots off data in my hard disk i cant loose it please help me. i took my computer to a service center in there the service person told me i need to buy new one, this hard disk i bought like 4-5 years back.

is there any solution i can get my hard disk back ?? right now i am not in position to afford a new hard disk kindly help me frds requesting you guys to look into my issue and please reply.

Thanks & regards
any help frds

DK_WD

WD Official
Hi [MENTION=96919]s0rdfish[/MENTION],

I am glad to help you out. Based on your post, It may be a hardware issue. I’d suggest you a general article, It may help to identify if the noise or sound is normal.

Please refer the link below for more information regarding the issue:

Support Answers

If you found the sound is abnormal, I’d recommend you to proceed for an RMA.

For data recovery, you can try the data recover software’s. If the data is very important and you want to recover it, there is possibility to cover by data recovery companies.

Good Luck.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
any help frds

This is quite natural - Seagate 1 TB - This is a common problem, Many people here including myself lost their precious HDD this way. I lost mine last year in Dec 2014.

I think your Seagate Warranty already expire, you can try to repair from them & Data Recovery (ask for estimate price - no harm). If it is nominal then go ahead...as I heard Seagate entertain customer after warranty is over.

Else you have to buy a new one - Try smaller Size which will cost less.

---Now I'm using WD Blue 1 TB in that place...I regularly backup my Data in multiple external HDD 2.5" So I didn't lost my any precious Data.

Last edited:

ankushv

Journeyman
Before all , at least try plugging it in a different port with a different power supply cable and a different data cable . You need to open the cabinet for that to plug it in a free sata port .

OP
s0rdfish

s0rdfish

Broken In
Hi [MENTION=96919]s0rdfish[/MENTION],

I am glad to help you out. Based on your post, It may be a hardware issue. I’d suggest you a general article, It may help to identify if the noise or sound is normal.

Please refer the link below for more information regarding the issue:

Support Answers

If you found the sound is abnormal, I’d recommend you to proceed for an RMA.

For data recovery, you can try the data recover software’s. If the data is very important and you want to recover it, there is possibility to cover by data recovery companies.

Good Luck.

Good Morning Frd and thanks for the reply sure ill look into it and keep updating you guys right now using my frds laptop for time being i am basically running my own Web designing and hosting studio in Bangalore. frds i had lot of data in my system all my clients data was there but now lost i guess i will try to do what u guys suggested me.

- - - Updated - - -

This is quite natural - Seagate 1 TB - This is a common problem, Many people here including myself lost their precious HDD this way. I lost mine last year in Dec 2014.

I think your Seagate Warranty already expire, you can try to repair from them & Data Recovery (ask for estimate price - no harm). If it is nominal then go ahead...as I heard Seagate entertain customer after warranty is over.

Else you have to buy a new one - Try smaller Size which will cost less.

---Now I'm using WD Blue 1 TB in that place...I regularly backup my Data in multiple external HDD 2.5" So I didn't lost my any precious Data.

Good Morning Frd and thanks for the reply it is just 5 years old and dont no what happened suddenly started getting blue screen from past few weeks that is when the problm started now its completed dead.

- - - Updated - - -

Before all , at least try plugging it in a different port with a different power supply cable and a different data cable . You need to open the cabinet for that to plug it in a free sata port .

sure i will do you have told to do ill try in other system also 1s and see

- - - Updated - - -

any more helps or tutorials or suggestions tips for me frds

Top Bottom