1 TB external hard disk under 5000

digitaltab

In the zone
hi , i need a 1 tb (USB 2) external hard disk, there are lots of brands i see on flipkarts, please suggest the perfect brand/model under 5k, and also tell if flipkart is selling at good prices or should i look for it in local market

thnx

Last edited:

mastervk

In the zone
Both western digital and sea gate is good. I have heard that wd had better ass but no experience.
Flipkart is convenient and genuine but you can get better price at local place...

Both western digital and sea gate is good. I have heard that wd had better ass but no experience.
Flipkart is convenient and genuine but you can get better price at local place...

Totally agree.......don't know if WD has better A.S.S.

You will get USB 3.0 at that price......USB 2.0 is gone now

achyutaghosh

Journeyman
Not much difference in performance of brands in this space. Toshiba and Buffalo might be a couple of hundred bucks cheaper than Seagate and WD. What you need to be careful of is the connectivity options. For example, the Toshiba Canvio comes with a proprietary port, while the Buffalo comes with an attached usb cable. So a third party imcro usb-usb cable will not work on these models.

OP
digitaltab

digitaltab

In the zone
ok but i got usb 2 ports on my system, and i dont know that usb 3 hdd works with usb 2 or not.. if you all could specify a particular model of the brands you have mentioned here in flipkart, that would b better for me,

achyuta please dont give me choice b/w toshiba or buffalo, i have no time to research on connectivity options, if you know already which connectivity is good then plz specify what is best in my budget. thnx

Arnab boss

In the zone
i think wd will b a good choise...i am using it for past 2 yrs without any probs..!!!

it retails abt 4600+ in kolkata..!!

achyutaghosh

Journeyman
ok but i got usb 2 ports on my system, and i dont know that usb 3 hdd works with usb 2 or not.. if you all could specify a particular model of the brands you have mentioned here in flipkart, that would b better for me,

achyuta please dont give me choice b/w toshiba or buffalo, i have no time to research on connectivity options, if you know already which connectivity is good then plz specify what is best in my budget. thnx

take a WD/Seagate/Transcend- they come with standard micro usb to USB connection.

Top Bottom