1 GB of less RAM!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

prabhu.wali

prabhu.wali
Hey, i have a intel G35EC motherboard n i've got 4GB DDR 2 800mhz of memory,though my BIOS shows 4GB of memory,my system info tab shows me only 3GB of RAM.i am using windows xp professional SP2

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3
Seems you are using Windows XP 32 bit edtion
So this version supports 3gigs of RAM
Better get vista 64 bit version as the XP 64 bit edition is less compatible with softwares.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
do you have a dedicated graphics card? if not then your RAM might be shared with your onboard graphics. you can check this in the BIOS. generally it is under advanced settings. you can reduce it to 512MB or less if you want.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
do you have a dedicated graphics card? if not then your RAM might be shared with your onboard graphics. you can check this in the BIOS. generally it is under advanced settings. you can reduce it to 512MB or less if you want.

^This aint the case here.

@OP
bassam is right. 32 Bits OSes only support upto 3GB RAM. Only a 64Bit OS can use the full potential of your 4GB RAM.

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
beta testing said:
Upgrade to XP 64 bit.
XP 64 bit is passe. Less support/apps. I have heard people being unhappy with Xp64bit.
Isnt Vista Home premium 64bit available?

Why not use 64bit Linux(Ubuntu/openSUSE) for crtitical tasks for now and buy 64bit windows vista later if you want. Plus you get Linux for free. :)

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
XP 64 bit is passe. Less support/apps. I have heard people being unhappy with Xp64bit.
Isnt Vista Home premium 64bit available?

Why not use 64bit Linux(Ubuntu/openSUSE) for crtitical tasks for now and buy 64bit windows vista later if you want. Plus you get Linux for free. :)

True...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom