Aspiring Novelist
^ So...?

Link to specification.

D101GGC
*images.tigerdirect.com/itemDetails/I69-2119/I69-2119-out3-hl.jpg

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Stay with ur current PSU and simply buy a HD4670 512MB GDDr3 @ ~4.5k

Best buy and low power consumption make this an ideal choice with ur existing configuration

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
Sorry guys.... Was late on reading all these useful comments.

Went to Nehru place yesterday & bought a Leadtek Winfast PX9800GT 1GB card & Cooler Master 500W PSU (GigaByte was not available). Yet to install these on my compi.

Couple of doubts -

1. The card does not have a 6 or 8 pin power connector. Is this a genuine piece? And do I really required a Cooler Master 500W PSU? :sad: Hope I have not wasted my bucks....

2. The PSU will fit in my PC's cabinet with the fan pointing towards the ground. FAN inside the cabinet; blowing air on the MOBO. Is this the way it is :?:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
I guess this is the card you would have got.

*rwlabs.com/images/articles/leadtek/px9800gt_pe/feata.jpg

It is an energy efficient model, so does not need separate connectors. And you can read the specifications from here. It needs a minimum 400W PSU, so you PSU should be fine as per the rating...but another question...below..

Which exact model is it. Is it "Cooler Master Extreme 500W".

The PSU should be mounted in such a way "that the fan blows air outside the cabinet". Never to the motherboard.

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
Which exact model is it. Is it "Cooler Master Extreme 500W".

The PSU should be mounted in such a way "that the fan blows air outside the cabinet". Never to the motherboard.

Mate, the first requirement is that the power slot should be placed on the outer side (back) of the cabinet.... rite?

This setting automatically places the fan inside the cabinet facing down to the earth. I asked the same thing to the shop keeper, to which his reply was that this model is installed like this only. I know a lil weird....

And.... I have got the HDMI one. Leadtek Winfast PX9800GT HDMI

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
^^ Cannot get you. Post some image. Which PSU model.

Leadtek WinFast PX9800 GT 1GB HDMI -

*img705.imageshack.us/img705/8977/cardu.jpg

Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 500W -

*img705.imageshack.us/img705/8383/coolermaster.jpg

Now about the fan positioning of this PSU.... If you install the PSU according to the screw's design provided (circled in RED); the fan would automatically point towards the ground & would be inside the cabinet only.

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Fan pointing to the ground is all right. Hopefully the cabinet should have a duct / cuts..where the fans are.

Second thing, why you got this PSU. Krow had clearly told you not to pick this. Post #34

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
^^
Fan pointing to the ground is all right. Hopefully the cabinet should have a duct / cuts..where the fans are.

As I said FAN is pointing towards the ground; so it is completely inside the cabinet; not against any wall of the cabinet (hope I am making myself clear). However, just below the PSU slot there is a grill sort of opening in the cabinet. Hopefully, tht wud be ok.

Sample Cabinet....

*www.desiupload.com/out.php/i380220_samplecabinet.jpg

The only difference is; this sample cabinet has a fan just below the SMPS slot. However, mine just has a grill opening there. But, hope it would act as a sufficient vent....

Second thing, why you got this PSU. Krow had clearly told you not to pick this. Post #34

About PSU, only this piece was available. And the things were getting really stretched bcoz of my job timing. Just see the date when I started this thread.... lol

N about the card, 9800GT 512MB was around 6k and I got this 1GB piece for 6.4K :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom