1 GB Graphics Card for Intel D102GGC2

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
^^
Depends what resolution you play at. It will just be medium level. Not above average for sure. The processor is old. Chipset is outdated.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^yep!!

Oops!!!!

hmmm... But what type of games it can run?

Will I be able to play games like Ashes Cricket 2009, NFS Shift etc?

BTW - Asigh, I have sent u one PM; kindly reply to that one too....

Krow

Crowman
Oops!!!!

hmmm... But what type of games it can run?

Will I be able to play games like Ashes Cricket 2009, NFS Shift etc?
Not sure about shift, but Cricket 09 should be playable. Whoever suggested Zebronics platinum 500w, it is not 80% or more efficient. Don't buy PSU's which are not this. Have a look at Gigabyte 460W Superb @ 2.2k.

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

EDIT: Shift should also be playable.

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
thnx

Whats the price of the 1 GB 9600GT?

And is it fine to but a 512MB version instead of the 1 GB? Will I be able to play high end graphics game with the 512MB card?

Krow

Crowman
A 1GB card will mean some thing only if you have a powerful GPU, not unless it is >=4850. 9600GT 1GB will be 5.3k or so, and is a waste of money. You'll be able to play most games at 1280x1024, but not all.

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
Lil confusing....
Anyways, wht u guys finally suggest? I want my system to support most of the games. Currently, my config is -

D102GGC2
Dual Core 2.8 GHz
2 GB RAM.

Wht minimum upgrades I require to play most of the games? Thnx

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
Do you have some kind of a problem in posting normally? Please do not use bold letters unless you want to highlight a part of your statement as all of us are perfectly capable of reading non-bold posts.

I had no intentions of shouting. And why should I, if I am asking for help.... :)

I am sorry, if in any way I caused inconvenience :smile:

Now, would you pls tell me the latest price for 9600GT 1GB card & Cool Master 500W SMPS. And, are there two versions of 9600GT 1GB card? If yes, which one is better?

Thanks.

Krow

Crowman
I had no intentions of shouting. And why should I, if I am asking for help.... :)

I am sorry, if in any way I caused inconvenience :smile:
Thanks a lot, for changing to non-bold. :)
Now, would you pls tell me the latest price for 9600GT 1GB card & Cool Master 500W SMPS. And, are there two versions of 9600GT 1GB card? If yes, which one is better?

Thanks.
Cooler Master Extreme 500W is a bad and horrible unit. Do NOT go for it. Better alternatives are Gigabyte 460W @ 2.2k and Seasonic S12II Bronze 380W @ 3k. The latter is better, do not be fooled by the wattage.

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

9600GT 512MB is more than enough, no need for 1GB. Get 9800GT 512MB @ 5.5k instead of 9600GT 1GB @ 5.4k.

So, it is either:

9600GT 512MB @ 4.5k
OR
9800GT 512MB @ 5.5k

Cilus

laborare est orare
@ resolution of 1024X768, 9600 will be enough. Krow suggested a good solution. You can also go for the XFX 9600 GSO 768 MB DDR2 version. Its a special edition card which is better performer than other 9600GT based cards. It has a price of 4.2k only and even the Zebronics 500W PSU will be enough to run it (althogh go for the Gigabyte one). It was best buy lower end card in last Digit Gfx card review.
Remember only go for XFX 9600 GSO. Other 9600 GSO cards from different company won't give you the performance boost

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
But 9800GT 512 MB is a better performer than XFX 9600 GSO 768 MB DDR2 version. Right?

N Gigabyte 460W PSU wud be enough for 9800GT....

Krow

Crowman
I don't know if the PSU will suffice, but you can install the card on your board. IIRC, it has PCI-e x16 slot.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
I have had similar board before(DG101GGC). Don't worry, it supports most of the recent budget range cards if matched with correct PSU. I will solidly recommend you to change your MOBO first. It is a very old board. So, squeezing your GFX card to max would be a hurdle on that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom