1.5 / 1 Ton AC suggestion required.

icebags

Technomancer
Room size - 18x10x10 (first floor) ; normally source of heat would basically be me and may be my computer once in a while. Will be using the AC during night only during summer/ monsoon (for a good nights sleep :D). City - Kolkata : weather remains pretty hot and very humid.

I am thinking about Hitachi 1.5T hitachi kampa 3* & market price of the same is ~36k (max budget is the same), some 1.5T sumsung 3* model comes @28K, voltus ~32K, also thinking about Panny Cube (comes @ ~21k i think), Sharp 1.1T inverter (36k ?)

So, please share ur opinions on :
# What would I gain if opted for hitachi instead of samsung/lg/voltus ? will it justify the extra 8k spent ?
# I thought hitachi comes with copper fins or something, but found they are aluminum. any problem with that ?
# Considering i am the only source or heat in room most of the time, will be be ok with just 1T model ?
# Longevity and service facts of these stuffs.
# Just checked "Panasonic CS/CU-ZC20PKY-3 1.5 Ton 3 Star Cube Air Conditioner" seems very cheap and yet split style AC. Any thoughts ?
# I think some Sharp 1.1T inverter ac is there @ around 36k (AH-XP13LV ?). With the praise I am getting reading some posts here, makes me think about it.

And if there r other things i should know about, please share. :-o

I don't really need to get chilled, 23-25C is good for me in the night. I just hate cold sweaty monsoon nights, gets difficult to sleep and I often wake up having cold.
So, need a solution, which will be economical, durable, and has good humidity control.

Last edited:

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
FTE 50 M - DAIKIN 1.5Ton 3 Star - Rs 33500 or since you are from Kolkata go to Kamlalaya center in Lenin Sarani and look for the MHI 4 star ac,very very good. Rs 33500 too,but way better if you can live with the dealer service.

OP
icebags

icebags

Technomancer
FTE 50 M - DAIKIN 1.5Ton 3 Star - Rs 33500 or since you are from Kolkata go to Kamlalaya center in Lenin Sarani and look for the MHI 4 star ac,very very good. Rs 33500 too,but way better if you can live with the dealer service.

and how is daikin service, quality & product longivity ?
there is a sharp inverter ac @36k, should i not opt for it, to pull down the running costs ?
pana sonic cube seems cheap, any particular issues with them ? because if it can be done @22k, who goes for some 33-36k ac when running cost is so high. (does it have humidity control ? cube acs )

Last edited:

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Daikin is very very good ,in Kolkata as far as service is concerned and so are their products. I have no idea about Panasonic Cube. Fora 180 sqft room Sharp would be too hard pressed to cool.

OP
icebags

icebags

Technomancer
i am getting some good feedback of panasonic cube from my office colleague, says cooling is very good (multiple apartments have this model in his building). this 20-22k 1.5T split ac (~17.5k for 1.25T) lacks many features tho, no moving fins to disperse the cold air blow, they all go straight. and i am not sure about the humidity control. the remote looks very plain too. i need more feedback on this.

about the sharp 1.1T, my room is in first floor, windows have heavy curtains, and i will be using during night sleep. u think, it may not operate in as much low profile and unit consumption may go up ?

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
1 ton is good for rooms within 150sqft. Yes you would be stressing it to run full steam all the time,but even then it will consume less power than a non inverter 1.5 ton, but.

OP
icebags

icebags

Technomancer
Will probably get the cube 1.5T 3star. But buying from snapdeal would be good idea ? locally its ~24k, snapdeal has @21.5k - a lott cheaper.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Probably snapdeal wont ship the AC but ask a dealer in your city to do it. Have no idea if it will be good. Generally I suggest people not to buy ACs from people who is in to servicing business too along with selling.

Top Bottom